conf.lua ignored

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
MysticPing2
Prole

conf.lua ignored

Post by MysticPing2 »

Hi! I only know the basics of lua, but i thought i would try this out for a tax calculator for a rp forum. (Non embedded, just download) And even BEFORE i try to do stuff when i drop the folder into love.exe it only does the code on my main.lua, not the conf.lua. I didnt post the .love here since i only have a hello world on main and some stuff from the wiki in the conf, and i've tried different stuff.

Also my first registeration didnt send the verification code, so thats why i am MysticPing 2
micha
Inner party member

Re: conf.lua ignored

Post by micha »

Welcome to the LÖVE-Forum.
Even if you have only very little code in your files, please post a .love. Otherwise we cannot help you. Or at least tell us, what part in the conf.lua you changed and what you expected to happen.
MysticPing2
Prole

Post by MysticPing2 »

Basicly, i tried to change resolution, both 8.0 and 9.0 way. I also copied the hello world there and on a diffferent x and y, and it did nothing.

I cannot post .love till i get home
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

If you're using 0.9.0 be aware that the configuration file is now called 'love.conf' rather than 'conf.lua'.

I was le wrong.
Last edited by Lafolie on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Lafolie wrote:If you're using 0.9.0 be aware that the configuration file is now called 'love.conf' rather than 'conf.lua'.
No. The function is (and was) called love.conf, it's still in conf.lua.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

bartbes wrote:
Lafolie wrote:If you're using 0.9.0 be aware that the configuration file is now called 'love.conf' rather than 'conf.lua'.
No. The function is (and was) called love.conf, it's still in conf.lua.
Wut? Where did I read otherwise...?! Hrm, thanks for correcting me on that. In any case, I am suspicious that MysticPing2 may be trying to execute code from the conf file rather than just using it to pass settings.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
MysticPing2
Prole

Post by MysticPing2 »

I want it to pass settings yes, and i dont think it is doing it, however i have another problem, i have a code on my main.lua and this line is giving me an error:

if x<=200 and if x>=0 and if y<=200 and if y>=0

something about something unexpected near if. (x=1 and y=1 a bit up in the code)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Replace it with:

Code: Select all

if x<=200 and x>=0 and y<=200 and y>=0
This is because an if-statement is:

if <expression> then
     <body>
end
And an <expression> can be <expression> and <expression> or a variable, or a number, or <expression> < <expression>, etc. But expressions never contain if, for example.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
MysticPing2
Prole

Post by MysticPing2 »

i fixed that problem but conf.lua is still ignored, this is the code i have in it btw

function love.conf(t)
    t.window.width = 8000 -- t.screen.width in 0.8.0 and earlier
    t.window.height = 600 -- t.screen.height in 0.8.0 and earlier
	t.modules.joystick = false
    t.modules.physics = false
    t.console = true             -- Attach a console (boolean, Windows only)

end

Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

If you're using 0.8.0, it's t.screen, not t.window.