tile-based scrolling

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
baconhawka7x
Party member

tile-based scrolling

Post by baconhawka7x »

I know I know "READ THE TUTORIAL" well i did (sorry im a noob still...) i followed through the tile based scrolling tutorial as best as i could but i was sort of just brainlessly typing code. I didnt understand everything, so i was wondering if someone could help me!:D all help is greatly appreciated and also if you have any noob tips please give a shout!:)
vrld
Party member

Re: tile-based scrolling

Post by vrld »

It'd be great if you actually asked a question. Surely we can help with a lot of stuff, but for that we would have to know what you actually want to be helped with.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
Kadoba
Party member

Re: tile-based scrolling

Post by Kadoba »

If you don't know Lua (the language that Love uses) then before you really get into Love I recommend reading programming in lua through chapter 7. It's a little dry but stick with it.

After you get familiar with Lua a little then there's an introductory guide to Love which will help you get familiar with the way Love is structured.

After that, or if you get tired of reading then try and do these beginner tutorials:
Hamster Ball
Callback Functions

Finally, if you have trouble then ask specific questions. It helps tremendously if you post a .love file. If you are vague about asking for help then it makes if difficult to determine what you're really having trouble with and a lot of people will just gloss over your requests.

If you're doing the tile scrolling tutorial and are completely lost then it's likely you don't have a good foundational knowledge of Lua or Love and reading the materials I posted above should help you out with that.