BOX2D LOVE

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

BOX2D LOVE

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

are there any good tutorials on the forums or on google that tell you how to do collision on box2d?
An agent of the free

check out the game I'm doing with Jkash!
Davidobot
Party member

Re: BOX2D LOVE

Post by Davidobot »

What do you mean? Box2D handles the collisions for you as long as you have a shape...
Here is a wiki post about physics: http://www.love2d.org/wiki/Tutorial:Physics
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
RedHot
Citizen

Post by RedHot »

There are C++ /Flash specific tutorials. The Box2D idea remains the same, no matter what the language, however learning it may seem cumbersome. I will consider making a tutorial myself.

You are free to look into my source code of my ludum dare 27 entry. I use Box2D a lot :)
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=17763
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

I'm actually planning on recording about 5-7 LÖVE tutorials on it for my LÖVE series. So, when that's done I'll send you a link if you want.

Check out NeoSilkeyFTW's tutorial series on it. If you just want the physics module watch from tutorial 12 until he stops(no idea when, I think it's like 19 or something). I plan on covering every single function in it: Because I plan on covering every single thing in LÖVE, and maybe some libraries too.

The physics module uses tables for your objects. If you don't know how to use them, refer to the PM I sent you. I hope you got it :P

Good luck!

Also, David, I think he means handle the collisions himself. Like instead of them automatically stopping, maybe make the player die if it's lava or something.

It annoys me that not many people use the Physics module. I mean, it's almost a complete wrapper for Box2D. How could you not like that? I löve Box2D myself, so maybe I'm a little biased.
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

I want to see those tutorials, once you're done send me a link too
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.