Looking for a .nds or .gba exporter

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
jimbobert94
Prole

Looking for a .nds or .gba exporter

Post by jimbobert94 »

I've searched google and the forums for a bit now, no luck. I wouldn't consider myself a beginner to programming, but this type of thing isn't my forte.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Looking for a .nds or .gba exporter

Post by raidho36 »

Wanna rip out sprites? You better off with already ripped ones, since ripping them is only half the business, the other half is getting them paletted properly.

Also, I dunno however you were googling for it, finding related tools took me roughly 10 seconds. http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-gba
jimbobert94
Prole

Post by jimbobert94 »

raidho36 wrote:Wanna rip out sprites? You better off with already ripped ones, since ripping them is only half the business, the other half is getting them paletted properly.

Also, I dunno however you were googling for it, finding related tools took me roughly 10 seconds. http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-gba
Thanks for the response. I was googling for already developed love2d .nds or .gba exporters (i.e. just like blender). To make what I'm looking for more clear, I want to be able to call a command like 'love2nds /path/to/game/ ndsgame.nds".
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

Do you mean you want to convert your .love code file to an .nds file so you can run it on a nintendo?

Because that's not going to be possible.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

Plu wrote:Do you mean you want to convert your .love code file to an .nds file so you can run it on a nintendo?

He's talking about an exporter, I assume he wants to extract the files from a .nds to get the sprites and/or sounds.
jimbobert94
Prole

Post by jimbobert94 »

veethree wrote:
Plu wrote:Do you mean you want to convert your .love code file to an .nds file so you can run it on a nintendo?

He's talking about an exporter, I assume he wants to extract the files from a .nds to get the sprites and/or sounds.
Here's my situation for further clarity. I'm getting a r4i card where I can load .nds roms and play them. I want to convert my .love file OR directory containing the game, and produce a single .nds file that I can then load on the r4i cartridge. I'm sure this is possible Many other programs have one, why not love?
jimbobert94
Prole

Post by jimbobert94 »

seanmd
Prole

Post by seanmd »

I do not believe there is currently a way to run love2d games on the nintendo ds.
jimbobert94
Prole

Post by jimbobert94 »

seanmd wrote:I do not believe there is currently a way to run love2d games on the nintendo ds.
There has to be someone in this community that knows how to go about doing this. I'll look into it, but I mostly work around web development type stuff. Games are just a hobby of mine. If anyone would be willing to bust this out, I'd be down.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

The Nintendo DS has a 67 MHz processor. That's not anywhere close to powerful enough to do what LÖVE does.

Also, less double-posts and meaningless image macros please. :)