GUI Library

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
mike
Administrator

GUI Library

Post by mike »

Hey guys, does anybody have an opinion on what GUI library I should use? The wiki lists 3 separate ones and according to this thread there is another on the way and I'm confused :?
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: GUI Library

Post by nevon »

There aren't really any up to date, stable and well-documented ones, as far as I know. Goo was promising, but I don't think it has been updated in a while.
adrix89
Party member

Post by adrix89 »

Goo is great and shouldn't have problems in theory with 0.8
If you are willing to browse its source if problems arise you shouldn't have to much trouble with it.
I use Workflowy but you can check out Dynalist as its the better offer.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

adrix89 wrote:Goo is great and shouldn't have problems in theory with 0.8
If you are willing to browse its source if problems arise you shouldn't have to much trouble with it.
AFAIK, the problem with Goo seems to be that it's not actively maintained any more.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
adrix89
Party member

Post by adrix89 »

Robin wrote:
adrix89 wrote:Goo is great and shouldn't have problems in theory with 0.8
AFAIK, the problem with Goo seems to be that it's not actively maintained any more.
It still works, and its the only thing that actually is complete, if there are problems you can maintain your own code.
I use Workflowy but you can check out Dynalist as its the better offer.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Thanks for the advice. Goo it is. If I tweak it and make it awesome I'll let you know :D
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
mburk
Prole

Post by mburk »

I have been working on a gui for a while now, I lack the courage to release it in its current form, but it works quite well with Love. I'm in the process of documenting and creating tutorials. I'm using Love as one of my test platforms for it. I'll post it here in a couple of weeks (hopefully). It won't be feature complete, but it will be documented and have a basic set of working widgets. I'm pushing it out early in hopes of getting help developing it further, if I wait until its "done", i'll never release anything.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

mburk wrote:I have been working on a gui for a while now, I lack the courage to release it in its current form, but it works quite well with Love. I'm in the process of documenting and creating tutorials. I'm using Love as one of my test platforms for it. I'll post it here in a couple of weeks (hopefully). It won't be feature complete, but it will be documented and have a basic set of working widgets. I'm pushing it out early in hopes of getting help developing it further, if I wait until its "done", i'll never release anything.
I for one would be very interested in seeing it :)
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push