64 bit Love for windows?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
JM
Prole

64 bit Love for windows?

Post by JM »

Hey guys! I heard about love from "stabyourself.com"'s recent project: Mari0. I'd really love to check out some of the other games you guys have made, but I'm unable to install Love because I can't find a 64 bit version. Do any of you have a solution to my problem? Is there a 64 bit version somewhere out there that I'm missing, or should I just try to install a thumb-drive version of Linux?
josefnpat
Inner party member

Re: 64 bit Love for windows?

Post by josefnpat »

Just for clarification, the 32 bit version does not work on your 64 bit system?
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
JM
Prole

Post by JM »

Actually, now that I've downloaded a few more .love files I am able to get some of them to work. A lot of them give me error messaged though, something about incorrect parameters. Anybody know why that would be?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

LÖVE is still under heavy development, so many older games you can find on the forums are made for older versions (or unreleased versions) that don't work if you have another version.

Often, the LÖVE version required is mentioned somewhere in the post or near the download, you could look at that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

The 32-bit version works fine on my 64-bit Win7-install. Although I guess a 64-bit version would be nice for performance reasons, it's not like we really need it. Note that OSX doesn't have a 64-bit version either. I guess the main reason Linux does is because a 32-bit program depends on 32-bit libraries, which are rarely found on 64-bit Linuxes.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

T-Bone wrote:The 32-bit version works fine on my 64-bit Win7-install. Although I guess a 64-bit version would be nice for performance reasons, it's not like we really need it. Note that OSX doesn't have a 64-bit version either. I guess the main reason Linux does is because a 32-bit program depends on 32-bit libraries, which are rarely found on 64-bit Linuxes.
With linux, it's a lot trickier to use 32-bit libraries, but it is possible. In the end, it's easier to just modify the makefile so that it builds love in 64-bit with the autodepends.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

T-Bone wrote:Note that OSX doesn't have a 64-bit version either.
It will once 0.8.0 is released. :)
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

I'm pretty sure 0.8.0 will also have a 64-bit Windows release, seeing as there's 64-bit builds on /builds.