Extremely Strange Lock Up on Mac

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bmelts
Party member

Re: Extremely Strange Lock Up on Mac

Post by bmelts »

FSAA is full-screen antialiasing. It makes things look nicer, but not all graphics cards support it to the same degree.

As for the error messages, I'm pretty confident they're unrelated to your lockup. They have to do with the way SDL handles threads on Macs (read: improperly), and will likely appear every time you run LÖVE since we use a separate thread for audio - but shouldn't be causing crashes. They don't on my machine, anyway.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Ah ok. To clarify, these aren't crashes, they're just freezes where the game completely freezes but doesn't crash, and then (at least once on my game) after around 10 minutes it will come back as normal again with the mouse registering its position wrongly by 50+ pixels.

So if what you're saying is happening, then my game is freezing without any message related to why?
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

It would appear that way, if that's really all the Console is printing from LÖVE.

Also, I can't get Launcher to freeze like you describe. At all.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

anjo wrote:Also, I can't get Launcher to freeze like you describe. At all.
That's the trouble with these crash-like bugs I've had with it, they're not predictable and can be hard to reproduce. I haven't had it crash in a while though, so maybe I fixed it, who knows...