Tiled map with player being able to stand.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Bambo
Prole

Tiled map with player being able to stand.

Post by Bambo »

I Know you guys probably get really annoyed with everyone asking alot of the same questions but i couldn't find anything to help me solve this one.

I've tried HardonCollider but it reduced my fps to 2 when i tried to add the "HC.addRectangle" around each tile and i tried the löve physics but i still had the same problem figuring out how to create a boundingbox around each tile.

This thingy-bob allows people to create their own maps which then can be opened and "played" in a separate .exe (maybe added onto a options menu?)
but i cannot figure out how to make the user be able to collide with walls/floors/objects.ect

sorry about having no comments but i think to you guys it'd be self explanatory, and yes i do know im a rubbish programmer :)

please go into the map editor and create left click to create tiles where the player was supposed to stand then type "1" and press return, this'll save the file THEN you can run the main game. you will have to name the MAP_EDITOR.love to GAME.love but place it elsewhere on your computer, if anyone knows a solution to this problem of not being able to access the other games folders that'd be great.
Attachments
MAP_EDITOR.love
the map editor
(10.22 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
GAME.love
the main "game"
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 117 times