Hardware acceleration using Raspberry PI & Raspbian

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
woyaru
Prole

Hardware acceleration using Raspberry PI & Raspbian

Post by woyaru »

Hello
I would like to ask about hardware acceleration of the Love2D. Is this always enable? I am trying to make Love2D working on the Raspberry PI on the Raspbian. I have built on my own library from the source code. I have met some issues during building this library. But finally I have built it without any issue.
At this moment I can run Love2D main screen. However it works extremely slow. Additionally colors are corrupted. And of course it takes 100% CPU resources.
OpenGL ES is supplied on the Raspian. Could you give me some information how to link Love2D to use the supplied OpenGL ES acceleration library? I need to verify if the Love2D is using supplied OpenGL ES library.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Hardware acceleration using Raspberry PI & Raspbian

Post by slime »

LÖVE's graphics module can currently only use desktop OpenGL. It would require fairly substantial under-the-hood changes to work with OpenGL ES 2.
Here is an experimental branch of the in-development version of 0.9.0 that has most of those changes (although it lacks the ability to actually create an ES 2 context when the window is created.) Note that 0.9.0 will probably not contain the changes in this branch.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Re: Hardware acceleration using Raspberry PI & Raspbian

Post by Boolsheet »

slime did some more work on this and the current GLES branch on love-experiments compiles and can use the OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware acceleration of the Raspberry Pi, if SDL2 is compiled with the Raspberry Pi video driver.
Shallow indentations.