Game Ideas For Other

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
darkfrei
Party member

Game Ideas For Other

Post by darkfrei »

Hi all!

Here must be a thread with game ideas, that you have, but probably never use and it will be nice to share with other people, that have no ideas what to do.

For example the game about Terminal Tractors, picking up trailers and placing them to the target place in the very close area.

:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Game Ideas For Other

Post by pgimeno »

Reminds me of Juggernaut, a truck driving game for the ZX Spectrum. An all-time favourite of mine.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Nice. I like the idea for this thread.

A game where you play as an Isekai goddess reincarnating people. It becomes a sort of management game where the people pray to you for stuff and you have to decide what's more important. Granting small wishes can increase their faith in you but will waste mana that might be needed when a prayer pops up that's life or death.

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
ddabrahim
Party member

Post by ddabrahim »

Robot fighting game in which the robots are AI controlled. The player can buy the components and need to write the AI in-game using a simple API provide access to external and internal sensors and functionalities of hardware.

It is up to you how modular the robots are and how realistic you want the hardware and sensor parts to be and how high or low level the API would be.

Could have player vs computer where the player defeat some pre-made robots and earn money that can be used to upgrade your robot.
Could also have online multiplayer with the option to buy components for real money of course.
Could have leagues in which you can enter depends on how advanced your robot is. Hoovers with a spike in league 1, Optimus Prime in league 5 something like that.

Scripting could look something like this

Code: Select all

if sensor.movement then 
  object = sensor.movement:get()
  if sensor.proximity(object) < 100 then
    if sensor.battle(object).direction < 30 and sensor.battle(object).isSharp then
       component.get("shield"):raise(128)
       if component.get("shield"):isContact(object) then
         component.get("left_arm"):twist(180)
         component.get("right_knee"):bend(200)
         component.get("left_arm"):bend(25)
         component.get("left_arm"):open(55)
         component.get("right_knee"):open(180)
       end
    end
  end
end
I had this idea since I was a kid would have loved to play something like this. But no knowledge to do it at the time. Now I could potentially do it but not inspired and also I am not an artist, I should collaborate with an artist but it is so difficult to find people who are just as passionate as you are and also have the very same vision and don't want to take the project to a completely different direction.
But even then I just don't really have the time.

So probably I'll never going to do this but maybe I would still be interested to play it :)
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

The puzzle platformer, where the level is a one screen size, the player needs to collect items (coins, stars, food etc.) but after every taken item the character will be bigger and cannot jump so far and so high as before. Some objects can be moved or destroyed by heavy version of hero, but buttons be used just with small version.

And only after collecting all items you can leave this level and go to the next one.
Party member

ddabrahim wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:55 pm Robot fighting game in which the robots are AI controlled. The player can buy the components and need to write the AI in-game using a simple API provide access to external and internal sensors and functionalities of hardware.
Cool, sounds kinda like Gladiabots.
darkfrei wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:14 pm The puzzle platformer, where the level is a one screen size, the player needs to collect items (coins, stars, food etc.) but after every taken item the character will be bigger and cannot jump so far and so high as before. Some objects can be moved or destroyed by heavy version of hero, but buttons be used just with small version.

And only after collecting all items you can leave this level and go to the next one.
:ultrahappy: Creative. Reminds me of a game jam game.

darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

The experience is a thing, that you becomes when you don't becomes the thing that you need.
The game about it: you have a goal, but you get the experience when you fails it or makes something and makes it bad.
Party member

(Ah, forgot about this thread). Oh, like getting experience even if you fail, like real life? Sounds interesting.

I got one...

DEVIL HUNTER RL

A more traditional roguelike Where you play as a character in a chainsaw man like world and you have to make contracts with different ...err ...devils (the kind from chainsaw man) sacrificing things like sight, regeneration and other things for the contract

Party member

A roguelike like game where you play as a detective in a cruise boat figuring out who the murderer on the ship is, and ... uhmmm...when you fail to get the right suspect the killer gets you?

finding them could do with seeing the likes and dislikes of passengers, and what might have been on the crime scene. Like a guy that likes drinking tea and you find a teacup where someone was murdered. Maybe he did it, maybe he just happened to wander there before said crime and drop his cup.

Also might have to do with alibis and cross checking them. :crazy: