System Crashes While Using Löve 11.4!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
MichaleQuitzon
Prole

System Crashes While Using Löve 11.4!

Post by MichaleQuitzon »

Hello everyone, I am experiencing a strange issue with Löve. When I use it, my whole system crashes. I am currently using 11.4 on my Windows 10 computer. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.
togFox
Party member

Re: System Crashes While Using Löve 11.4!

Post by togFox »

There isn't a lot of informantion to work with.
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
MrFariator
Party member

Post by MrFariator »

If your whole system crashes, then perhaps you could take a look at Event Viewer's logs:
Press Windows + R -> Type eventvwr.msc -> Hit enter.

From there, try to look for events with a red or yellow warning inside Windows Logs -> Application/System. These errors and warnings are time stamped, so try to find one(s) that matches when your system crashed, upon launching löve.

If you can't find any errors within Event Viewer, then I'm afraid you'll have to share some other details: What are you computer's specs? Does Löve 11.3 work for you? Are your drivers up to date (in the off-chance it's some GPU issue)? etc.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Some people reported on discord and the github issue tracker that with the newest AMD drivers, they are experiencing issues; if you're in the same boat, you probably need to downgrade your graphics drivers until a fix is released.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
MichaleQuitzon
Prole

Post by MichaleQuitzon »

Thanks for the responses. I checked the event viewer and there were some red warnings, so I followed the first solution from here, which was System Restore. I have not encountered the crashing issue since.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

MichaleQuitzon wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:10 pm Thanks for the responses. I checked the event viewer and there were some red warnings, so I followed the first solution from here, which was System Restore. I have not encountered the crashing issue since.
Any idea if System Restore downgraded your drivers or love or both? That may be helpful information.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.