Need help creating a specific function

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BoonyBuny
Prole

Re: Need help creating a specific function

Post by BoonyBuny »

keharriso wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:17 am
BoonyBuny wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:08 am Thank you for your help, I will try to """""convert"""""" it for my code ! I understand how it works mostly, i'll give updates when things starts to look better than a blue screen :D
No problem! And please do post updates, I love to see what other people are working on. :nyu:

One word of advice: posts asking for help like this one are better off in the Support and Development forum. Just something to keep in mind.
It worked greatly after ~1h30 of tinkering things around and trial and error, and i got exactly what i wanted originally! it seems the "t" isn't really in seconds but i can work with that, it's a no problem and the movement is even more fluid than i thought, here is the webm of the project currently:
2022-06-18 03-54-59.webm
(6.12 MiB) Not downloaded yet
all audio comes from terraria, the player's shot is just a really modified Scar sound form fortnite, all sprites by me (they're goofy on purpose, it's a test-project after all, just trying to get the hang of löve2d)
A coding begginer that is migrating from 8 years of Scratch... yea yikes. :emo:
keharriso
Citizen

Post by keharriso »

That looks great :). Excellent work for a first project in LÖVE. And yes, the lerp function takes a normalized time to 0.0 to 1.0. The duration and elapsed properties of the enemies are in seconds.
LÖVE-Nuklear - a lightweight immediate mode GUI for LÖVE games
BoonyBuny
Prole

Post by BoonyBuny »

I posted my work on the games & creations forum category!
A coding begginer that is migrating from 8 years of Scratch... yea yikes. :emo: