Using Love for 'what-if' models

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
togFox
Party member

Re: Using Love for 'what-if' models

Post by togFox »

People discharge themselves against the best medical advice all the time.

Many will get infected by simply being near the hospital that is overwhelmed. That is one of the lessons.

If there were much less bots (say 50) then things would be more orderly and a lot less 'silly'.

Also more boring and potentially some lessons lost.

Thanks for trying it.
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

togFox wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:46 pm People discharge themselves against the best medical advice all the time.

Many will get infected by simply being near the hospital that is overwhelmed. That is one of the lessons.

If there were much less bots (say 50) then things would be more orderly and a lot less 'silly'.

Also more boring and potentially some lessons lost.

Thanks for trying it.
I definitely enjoyed it and there is potential in making it a game maybe :-)
togFox
Party member

Post by togFox »

Thanks. The original idea was for the player to have the role of 'policy maker'. The player could 'install' social distancing, or partial lock down, or face masks, or enforce vaccinations, or hire compliance officers (police), or get extra nurses etc.

These are simple buttons or check boxes you turn on and off. Each decision has an economic and a health outcome. I would establish the behavior tree but the bots would make their own decisions - like the silly bots that discharged themselves. No 'game' would play the same way twice.

As the policy maker, you make the choices and see if you can keep bots alive with some sort of economy.

I didn't pursue it due to me thinking most ppl in the known universe are over the 'c' word and many are personally impacted by it in the worst possible way. :(

I'm glad this very simple and grossly exaggerated model got some ppl thinking. :)
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

togFox wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:39 am Thanks. The original idea was for the player to have the role of 'policy maker'. The player could 'install' social distancing, or partial lock down, or face masks, or enforce vaccinations, or hire compliance officers (police), or get extra nurses etc.
Reminds me of this Czech online sim:
https://koronahra.cz/