Releasing on android play store

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
4xEmpire
Prole

Releasing on android play store

Post by 4xEmpire »

Is anyone aware of a game made in love 2D that has been released on android's play store?

I have made a project that works as an APK on my phone but would like to know how straightforward (or not) the process is to take a game to the play store? Is there anything specific about love 2D that makes this process more difficult?

Eager to hear anyone's experience. :nyu:
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: Releasing on android play store

Post by GVovkiv »

4xEmpire wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:21 am Is anyone aware of a game made in love 2D that has been released on android's play store?

I have made a project that works as an APK on my phone but would like to know how straightforward (or not) the process is to take a game to the play store? Is there anything specific about love 2D that makes this process more difficult?

Eager to hear anyone's experience. :nyu:
I guess, there no real differences about game made with love or not
(for example, Kingdom Rush 2 and 3)
The real difficulty is make sure you now how to work with play market and, if you never used it to publish something, to understand, how to create developer account (which cost 25$ at the moment), make sure you is 18 year old and, probably, you will need to send copy of your documents to google (probably to make sure that you are really 18 year old?)
And if you can handle all that, you done?
go and publish some games and apps!
AuahDark
Party member

Post by AuahDark »

Unfortunately for now you have to compile LOVE Android from source since Google mandates AAB.
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

I ported SNKRX to both Android and iOS. Happy to answer questions, but everything was mostly straight-forward. The most difficult bit was working achievements into the Android and iOS builds.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Davidobot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:44 am I ported SNKRX to both Android and iOS. Happy to answer questions, but everything was mostly straight-forward. The most difficult bit was working achievements into the Android and iOS builds.
Woah! You made SNKRX? With love2d? Nice! :awesome:
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 pm
Davidobot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:44 am I ported SNKRX to both Android and iOS. Happy to answer questions, but everything was mostly straight-forward. The most difficult bit was working achievements into the Android and iOS builds.
Woah! You made SNKRX? With love2d? Nice! :awesome:
No, Adn made SNKRX, Davidobot just ported it to mobile platforms.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Port...still cool :3
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
4xEmpire
Prole

Post by 4xEmpire »

Hi Davidobot
That is awesome.

I am interested to hear any details about how you worked the achievements in if you're willing to provide any details.

About me: I am relatively novice at programming myself (been a hobbyist dev on and off for years and years - no formal programming training). My goal has long been to develop a 4x strategy game for the mobile and having achievements (and high scores) would be awesome. I have a working prototype on PC that I'll like to develop further and adapt fully to the mobile.

I fully welcome any tips you can offer :)
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

4xEmpire wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm Hi Davidobot
That is awesome.

I am interested to hear any details about how you worked the achievements in if you're willing to provide any details.

About me: I am relatively novice at programming myself (been a hobbyist dev on and off for years and years - no formal programming training). My goal has long been to develop a 4x strategy game for the mobile and having achievements (and high scores) would be awesome. I have a working prototype on PC that I'll like to develop further and adapt fully to the mobile.

Sure, my repo is here: https://github.com/Davidobot/love-android

I used a good bit of code from: https://bitbucket.org/MartyMaro/love2d- ... rc/master/
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
4xEmpire
Prole

Post by 4xEmpire »

Davidobot wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:15 pm
4xEmpire wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm Hi Davidobot
That is awesome.

Sure, my repo is here: https://github.com/Davidobot/love-android

I used a good bit of code from: https://bitbucket.org/MartyMaro/love2d- ... rc/master/
Thank you sir. I will check these links out :D