Server move incoming, expect a little bit of downtime

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
thelinx
The Strongest

Server move incoming, expect a little bit of downtime

Post by thelinx »

The current server is getting dangerously dusty so I am currently in the process of moving stuff over to a new home.

Once I've got most of the large stuff transferred I am going to lock the forums and wiki and transfer the databases over for those.
Therefore, there will be an hour or two where you may be unable to access them. It may happen tonight or tomorrow evening depending on how well things go.

Once the transfer is done, I imagine the transition to the new server should just be a flick of a switch because we're reverse proxied behind Cloudflare.
I'll keep an eye out after the transfer to see if any issues arise.

edit on 11th, 22:38
Server is moved. Right now, you're unable to log in to the wiki. I'm looking in to it.

edit on 14th, 20:42
Wiki is updated and messed with so logins should work again.
The old theme wasn't working at all so I disabled it for now.
There's also some minor theming issues with the forum.

edit on April 5th
Both themes have been brought back in full working order.
togFox
Party member

Re: Server move incoming, expect a little bit of downtime

Post by togFox »

Thanks for your efforts on this. :)
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
MrFariator
Party member

Post by MrFariator »

Maybe as a little heads up, seems like the navigation bar at the top seems to be missing the subforum(s) you are currently navigating under (the text missing on the right side of "<"). Perhaps related to the server move?

Rick Astley
Prole

Post by Rick Astley »

Thank you for your dedication :).

When the wiki is going to be fully working, I will give my contribute to LÖVE.
A full italian translation
is what I'm
thinking on.
Last edited by Rick Astley on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Code: Select all

if self.thoughts[1] == 'give you up' then
   table.remove(self.thoughts,1)
end

thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

The wiki should be working now. Let me know if anything is exceptionally broken (except for the theme, I know about that already).

One of the things I had to update was Semantic MediaWiki, which had a scary warning about needing to migrate some stuff.
If you see something strange in the fancy autogenerated pages, check it against the https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/Se ... tion-guide
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Invalid form submitted when logging in and other problems...

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Whenever I log in it tells me an invalid form is submitted and I should try again, unless I get lucky and somehow manage(I could barely login to type this, and can barely log in to reply to stuff). There are also other issues like me being logged out but I still see my name at the bottom of people currently online(happens frequently since beginning of time, atleast for me)?
The invalid form thing happened ever since that server update(not sure if it's the casue though). Didn't change my settings, always prefer using android to browse and there hasn't been any problem like this since then.Any one know any fixes?
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
thelinx
The Strongest

Re: Invalid form submitted when logging in and other problems...

Post by thelinx »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:50 am Whenever I log in it tells me an invalid form is submitted and I should try again, unless I get lucky and somehow manage(I could barely login to type this, and can barely log in to reply to stuff). There are also other issues like me being logged out but I still see my name at the bottom of people currently online(happens frequently since beginning of time, atleast for me)?
The invalid form thing happened ever since that server update(not sure if it's the casue though). Didn't change my settings, always prefer using android to browse and there hasn't been any problem like this since then.Any one know any fixes?
Is this still happening? I've changed a few things here and there over the last few days.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Invalid form submitted when logging in and other problems...

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

thelinx wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:07 am Is this still happening? I've changed a few things here and there over the last few days.
Nope, good as new :)
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
AuahDark
Party member

Post by AuahDark »

The new wiki theme looks like has more dense vertical spacing compared before the breakage as can be seen here (click)

Also sometimes the version selector becomes like this:

Browser is Firefox 87.0.
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

I don't know how much flexibility or difficulty there is with editing themes, but now that the theme is being touched, personally I think it'd be nice if the font sizes were closer to the default/plain wiki theme's font sizes. It might help with vertical spacing too (or maybe that would still need extra attention aside from overall font sizes, I'm not sure).