When are we going to see 0.12.0?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: When are we going to see 0.12.0?

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Seems like the person who made this topic just wanted to type something
...maybe?
:ehem:
:crazy: :P
:ultrahappy:
slime wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm I'm also interested in what Sphyrth asked earlier in the thread - are you looking for specific new features?
I guess there's this( doesn't seem important though, and it may already be being worked on 11.4?):
https://love2d.org/forums/posting.php? ... 891898b82b
AuahDark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 am Yeah, I have plans to turn on LuaJIT for Android in LOVE 12.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
DerpChest
Prole

Post by DerpChest »

slime wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm
DerpChest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:57 pm I looked at the code for the nogame.Lua script in the 12.0 branch in GitHub and the code says a lot of things relating to a "duckloon" which is the floating balloon you see in 11.0 - 11.3 no game screen.
Yes, as I said in my post you quoted, there's no new no-game screen yet, its code hasn't changed - because the person who creates those in his own free time hasn't made a new one yet.

I'm also interested in what Sphyrth asked earlier in the thread - are you looking for specific new features?
Love2D GUI would be great, I see a lot of people wanting love2D guis, and also a .exe that makes a .love into a .exe without making everything so complicated.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

DerpChest wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm Love2D GUI would be great, I see a lot of people wanting love2D guis, and also a .exe that makes a .love into a .exe without making everything so complicated.
When you say GUI, do you mean an IDE? There's lots of options that exist already. But maybe you mean something else?

And for compiling games easily, there's already solutions to that:
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90339 for Windows machines
https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88942 for Linux machines
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

There's also solutions to GUIs as well, but given how most of those libraries are incomplete (works in progress or or abandoned), it should say something about
- how hard it is to make a -good- GUI library, and
- why löve won't have one inbuilt; can't cater to everyone's tastes with it, so recommendation stands that you should use a separate library instead.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

slime wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm
I'm also interested in what Sphyrth asked earlier in the thread - are you looking for specific new features?
Heheh, I was thinking just now, what if you take some libraries and put them in löve(like bump.lua, jumper/pathfindint and STI and maybe more custom stuff like a map or something?), but then I thought that was stupid since it would be better to just use them normally...but then I thought if you took some of these libs/ideas that are more game specitic and implement them in C++ so that they'll be faster. I was just thinking.. probally a bad idea ( :cry: ) but just putting my thoughts out there :P :ultrahappy: .
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: