Love2D to switch

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
DrNefario
Prole

Re: Love2D to switch

Post by DrNefario »

tomxp411 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:34 am
EmmaGees wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 am I really wish Nintendo would get rid of those NDAs, I wonder what their motivations are because to me this seems counter productive. Nintendo doesn't always make the most sound decisions so it might just be because they're used to it.
It's a quality thing. Nintendo would rather release a few, high quality games a month, than have hundreds of garbage titles showing up all the time.

Look at Steam... ever since they opened their doors to letting just anyone publish on Steam, searches are clogged with garbage games and dozens of "solve the puzzle to see a naked anime girl" games. I preferred Steam back when they curated releases.
Have you seen the Switch store? If it's a quality thing, it ain't working.

NDAs aren't the same as opening up the store. Everything could be open source and Nintendo would still be able to restrict access to their store. This is just a general attitude of secrecy and protectionism about their tools and technology.
rsn
Prole

Re: Love2D to switch

Post by rsn »

There's a complete homebrew Switch port called love-nx. It has been around for years and, unlike LovePotion (which is not Love), love-nx is 1:1 compatible to Love:

https://github.com/retronx-team/love-nx