Installing Earlier Version 0.10.2

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
RoninTitan
Prole

Installing Earlier Version 0.10.2

Post by RoninTitan »

I am using Ubuntu and installed the latest version of Love2d, 11.3. I basically followed the commands given on the web page to install it:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bartbes/love-stable
sudo apt-get update
But I now need to install an older version, 0.10.2, but have no idea how to go about doing this in Ubuntu. Is anyone able to advise please?
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Installing Earlier Version 0.10.2

Post by pgimeno »

Hello, welcome to the forums!

Since you're in Linux, the easiest way is probably to compile it from source. First, make sure you have git, then clone the repository, then run 'git checkout 0.10.2' and then try to compile it (see *nix instructions in https://github.com/love2d/love). Note that you need *-dev packages of everything that configure complains about. Eventually you'll have everything and the build will finish, but feel free to ask if there's something missing.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I'd also want to mention that if you need an older version just because a tutorial or class you found needs it, i'd either realtime edit everything to work with the newest one, or use a different tutorial.

If it's because your device can't handle the newest version, that of course is completely different.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
RoninTitan
Prole

Post by RoninTitan »

Thanks for the response and welcome guys. Much appreciated.
It is for a course that uses the older version. But I'm might try and compile the older version and get that working as a learning exercise as well, if I can.
Thanks again!