New user, can't connect to github ATM, still have a question about audio!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
TheOtherBen
Prole

New user, can't connect to github ATM, still have a question about audio!

Post by TheOtherBen »

I haven't gotten to use it yet, but I was going through the documentation and noticed there is libmodplug support, but I don't see anything about getting/setting the playback pattern, positions or order of the song or setting things like tempo or specific channel settings. Is that something that just isn't exposed or not public to love to use? Sorry if this has been asked before but it's a feature I look for anytime a framework claims tracker music playback, alas I'm always disappointed that they never offer advanced playback functions for them.

Again, I can't really start using it. I'm in the middle of a rural area with satellite and I think it's my ISP that times out. No other pages are doing that just GitHub and happens to me all the time just with GitHub. I'm sure GitHub works right now I just can't get it to load regardless of the browser I use... so I guess I'll join in to try it out later when I can.
zorg
Party member

Re: New user, can't connect to github ATM, still have a question about audio!

Post by zorg »

Yeah, it's only supported in the sense that other bitstream formats are; you can seek module files (and get the playback position with the tell method) i think, but just like with wav, ogg, mp3 (, and flac), that's it.

That said, libmodplug's jank even with it being updated (compared to libopenmpt which can't be included into löve anyway, afaik), so i'm working on a lua-only replacement that would support editing as well as playback... that will take a while though, but s3m support is something i did implement already.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.