LÖVE Jam

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Positive07
Party member

Re: LÖVE Jam

Post by Positive07 »

Well I would love to hear about people's progress! I made this repository called lovejam-training so you can see whatever I do before the JAM. Currently it only holds some libraries that I've slightly modified so that they can pass static analysis and other simple stuff... as I said before I intend to create some test and basic projects to play around with them later this week.

So have you got an existent template? Do you have some ideas already? What libraries are you gonna use or commonly use in JAMs? Are Shakesoda and Karai gonna make a 3D game yet again?? Maybe Josefnpat?
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
bgordebak
Party member

Post by bgordebak »

Positive07 wrote:So have you got an existent template? Do you have some ideas already? What libraries are you gonna use or commonly use in JAMs?
I've got nothing. No templates, no ideas. Maybe I can come up with an idea for the theme till the jam. Since I don't yet have an idea, there are no libraries I will use yet, too. It depends on the idea.
Last edited by bgordebak on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

What should a person/team do if they don't think they'll manage to finish their game on time? Like, if there's only 1 minute left before you can submit your game, should you submit something that isn't finished? What about if it has looming errors? :P
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Sir_Silver wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:20 pm What should a person/team do if they don't think they'll manage to finish their game on time? Like, if there's only 1 minute left before you can submit your game, should you submit something that isn't finished? What about if it has looming errors? :P
I'm not sure how itchio's jam system works but I'm fairly sure you can reupload your game. In any case, it's best to try to have the game finished before the time runs out. After the jam please only fix big gamebreaking bugs, and don't add any features.
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

Sheepolution wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:27 pm I'm not sure how itchio's jam system works but I'm fairly sure you can reupload your game. In any case, it's best to try to have the game finished before the time runs out. After the jam please only fix big gamebreaking bugs, and don't add any features.
I'm not sure how itch jams work either, but for Ludum Dare you're allowed to add features as long as you post the "jam version" of the game too. So you can have a "this is what i did in 3 days" version, and a "this is what I did with extra time" version side-by-side, clearly labelled (game_jam.zip, game_post_jam.zip)
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

The jam has started! Good luck everyone!
4aiman
Party member

Post by 4aiman »

Ah... too bad I've started the "Viwus Attawk" 16 hours prior to jam start (for Unijam) :(
Well, it isn't about companion either, so I'll have to pass this time..
bgordebak
Party member

Post by bgordebak »

I couldn't find enough inspiration to finish a game for this jam. Maybe next time.
D0NM
Party member

Post by D0NM »

Well... I had only 12 hours for the project....
and somehow it is ready to submit ;)

upd: done. SHMONKEY https://itch.io/jam/love2d-jam/rate/121420

Good luck to all the JAM entries!
Last edited by D0NM on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker:
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

Hey, so me and my team uploaded our game 5 minutes before the JAM finished, but our game isn't in the entries? Help please?

Edit: One of the hosts has helped us to submit our game, thank you!