Building a Free Library of Images for Everyone

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Eric Matyas
Party member

Re: Building a Free Library of Images for Everyone

Post by Eric Matyas »

Hey guys,

I post in two areas because I think that the posts are relevant to both. In response to your comments, I've contacted the moderators and asked them if they have an issue with this. If the moderators ask me to post in only one area, I have no problem with that. Presently, I have not yet received a response.

Anyhow...

I was recently asked to do an interview for a website called Exilian. Hopefully my answers were entertaining and (somewhat) intelligent…lol. Here’s a link if anyone wants to check it out:

https://exilian.co.uk/articles.php

That said, this week’s cool new textures are on the following pages:

TXR – BRICK - Seamless
Some really interesting brick textures.
https://soundimage.org/txr-brick-seamless/

TXR – ROCK/STONE – Seamless
Some new stone textures that could be used for old roads, paths, castles, etc. Some have grass between the stones, too.
https://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone-seamless/

More music is on its way as well as some cool new city ambience sounds.

Keep being creative!
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Eric Matyas wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:26 am I've contacted the moderators and asked them if they have an issue with this. If the moderators ask me to post in only one area, I have no problem with that.
Forum ettiquette:
Avoid double (triple, quadruple) posting. If you forgot to include something in your post, use the edit button. It is ok to double post to bump an old thread, but only after an appropriate amount of time.
No need to ask the mods when it's already a rule. Updating two threads with the same content is nothing but a waste of time, space and patience.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

grump wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:18 pm No need to ask the mods when it's already a rule. Updating two threads with the same content is nothing but a waste of time, space and patience.
Technically the etiquette quote is more about posting twice one after another in the same thread, and since it's only once per week or so, i'd consider that an appropriate amount of time (akin to people posting updates on their projects in the projects subforum), but the other reason is sensible.

Edit:

You don't get notifications for edits (at least i don't think one does); if someone updates a project, they have always posted a new post in their threads regardless whether someone else made a reply in the interim or not; the same applies here, that's what i meant. "Double posting" as "with due time and content, bumping your own thread with relevant new information".

The other one, posting the same posts in two places, is different and it pointlessly pings two subforums, so it's objectively worse since both contain the same content.
Last edited by zorg on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

zorg wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:51 pm Technically the etiquette quote is more about posting twice one after another in the same thread
It does not say that, and I can't come up with a reason why the one behavior would be okay in the spirit of the rule, but not the other. If you go after someone because they double posted in the same thread out of convenience instead of editing their last comment, but not after someone who deliberately spams the same content in multiple threads even after being asked to stop, then there is, in my opinion, something seriously wrong with that rule.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

You're condemning spirit of the rule because you think it's lenient about letter of the rule. I can't quite put it into words but the entire idea is asinine. Eric Matyas is doing a great job and you should encourage this. And I believe, this is the point where this conversation should end.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

raidho36 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 pm You're condemning spirit of the rule because you think it's lenient about letter of the rule. I can't quite put it into words but the entire idea is asinine.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The rule is there, I ask it to be applied because I and others are annoyed by the spam. I didn't say a word about "letter of the rule".
Eric Matyas is doing a great job and you should encourage this. And I believe, this is the point where this conversation should end.
Eric Matyas is a spammer. And your beliefs when a conversation should end, which is by sheer coincidence the moment after you have spoken up, is entirely irrelevant.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Visit the duplicate thread in Libraries and Tools for further updates: https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83347