Music Thread

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
iPoisonxL
Party member

Music Thread

Post by iPoisonxL »

What kind of music do you guys like? Hit up with what you listen to while you code, your favourite genres, bands, artists, whatever

Code: Select all

L
    L Ö
    Ö V
L Ö V E
Ö B E
V E
E Y
Website
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: Music Thread

Post by T-Bone »

Throughout the development of Hat Cat, I almost exclusively listened to the Katamari Damacy OST. That's probably why the game ended up being so crazy :crazy:

Right now, I have a much more mixed playlist. Lots of Brentalfloss, to keep the gaming vibe, and also lots of early 2000s disco pop stuff because I'm a strange person.
zorg
Party member

Re: Music Thread

Post by zorg »

Though i like almost any kind of genres, i usually "cherry-pick" a few tracks from artists that fit with my tastes best;
then again, for general coding (i.e. yak-shaving implementation or unit tests), i prefer darker ambient stuff, as well as minimalist synth stuff... not sure what genre the latter is exactly, but for example, i'm thinking about most of the things here.
Some game OSTs might be decent to hear drone on in the background, i can think about tracks from Introversion's uplink, or, for me personally, Unreal Tournament's and Lineage II's soundtracks are quite good.
Other than that, if i have a very specific inspiration for a game, i'll listen to stuff i think would relate to the game in some way, or as a final solution, i'd listen to the songs i have created.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.