3D Questions

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
artofwork
Citizen

3D Questions

Post by artofwork »

I am in the process of building a 3d editor however i am having some issues, I am able to create objects, spin them in several axis, pan, zoom and rotate them however im not able to create a bounding box where the object can sit in a local 3d space and while only the world object (bounding box) is effected by the the controls of the UI

I am at a brick wall with this and am not sure where to look next

If anyone here can give me an example how i can resolve this i would most greatfull, I'm not asking you to write a program for me I'm just asking for basic advice
foo0
Prole

Re: 3D Questions

Post by foo0 »

If you want for the object to follow bbox's transforms (move, scale, rotate), you have to apply the same transforms to the object. If you e.g. want the object to be still, and only follow bbox's position, don't apply scale and rotate to the object.
artofwork
Citizen

Re: 3D Questions

Post by artofwork »

foo0 wrote:If you want for the object to follow bbox's transforms (move, scale, rotate), you have to apply the same transforms to the object. If you e.g. want the object to be still, and only follow bbox's position, don't apply scale and rotate to the object.
Thanks bud I'll give that a try :)