LOVE startup error

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
silverknight108
Prole

LOVE startup error

Post by silverknight108 »

Hello people,I have a problem:when I run my love by dragging my lua file into love it opens the outer window which is the part with exit resize and that and then stops responding a closes.I know that it ran my programm beacause instead of showing rubber piggy on the title it says untitled,and I can't make love files beacause my zip archiver 7-zip can't put files inside zip files.Plus my computer(Windows 7 starter) dosen't let me rename zip files please help :x
jjmafiae
Party member

Re: LOVE startup error

Post by jjmafiae »

first up it looks like you ran into the ATI bug the next version of love will have an workaround for that bug, also you have to change some settings in the folder you are using for your zip files in order to rename them, i can't tell you how to do it because its different on nearly all windows versions.
silverknight108
Prole

Ok last post i made somebody told me that my problem which was love showing the title of my game and stop responding and exiting they said it was an ati bug,how do you fix it.If anybody knows plz tell me,I also have two more questions:is the bug being fixed and does anybody know a way around it.Plus in the meanwhile should I download a new version I have version.
unek
Citizen

Post by unek »

Put your main.lua into a new folder, and drag that folder onto LOVE icon. It's also good idea to post your code. You can zip it and post as attachement, or put the file in

Code: Select all

tags on forum.

If you can't change .zip file extension, open Folder Options, and in the second tab IIRC, turn off hiding known extensions.
DRAW DRAW - online painting app CLICK NUMBERS - cool game with numbers THEME LOVEFRAMES - a collection of my themes HOST FOR FREE - free hosting for online LOVE games STALK PEOPLE - a map of LOVE users
silverknight108
Prole

I whole folder but it did the same thing I realy need a solution any ideas welcome(plus no folder options only properties which doesn't have the ability to change file extionsion.ITS VERY FRUSTATING
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Unek was talking about this.

It could be the mentioned ATI bug. In this case you can test my LÖVE 0.8.0 build that has a fix for it.

Since the rubber piggy nogame screen apparently works for you, I assume there's something with your code that causes this issue. If my build doesn't work, we really need to see your code to help you further.

Also, it doesn't help if you color your text blue and red. It actually makes it harder to read.
Shallow indentations.