OSX builds?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jasoco
Inner party member

OSX builds?

Post by Jasoco »

coffee wrote:
headchant wrote: As 0.8 is "right around the corner", I don't want to maintain an extra 0.72 version.
Love 0.8 don't seem "right around the corner" for Mac users. Still trying to find a working 0.8 build for OSX.
Every build I've used for OS X has worked fine. In fact, I only code for 0.8 now. Don't even argue about how silly that is. I don't care. It works perfectly for me.

A user had a DropBox link to the current builds somewhere, but I have forgotten the URL. Maybe he can post here again.
coffee
Party member

Re: Zombie Frenzy - Holiday Edition

Post by coffee »

Jasoco wrote:
coffee wrote:
headchant wrote: As 0.8 is "right around the corner", I don't want to maintain an extra 0.72 version.
Love 0.8 don't seem "right around the corner" for Mac users. Still trying to find a working 0.8 build for OSX.
Every build I've used for OS X has worked fine. In fact, I only code for 0.8 now. Don't even argue about how silly that is. I don't care. It works perfectly for me.

A user had a DropBox link to the current builds somewhere, but I have forgotten the URL. Maybe he can post here again.
Is OSX build working well now? Good, fine, point taken.

And how silly is be so hard get a test build without actually have to build one? If for you use X-Code, C++, deal with GIT, with dependence of libraries is no big deal for some others don't. My coding abilities don't go so further and honestly If I liked and was comfortable dealing with hardcore coding like C++ probably wasn't now doing more friendly stuff like LOVE. Some more casual OSX users don't even for sure Xcode installed.
And love2d.org/builds have a lot of builds... even daily builds... but for windows.

And yes like you said the only build of 0.8 for OSX I got was a link for dropbox in Snayke thread (http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2841). It's that dropbox you are referring? Oh well was broken then in beginnings of November and it's still now (still crashes). Also I already reported here http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 891#p39188 that problem. Someone wrote at 23 November (http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 41&p=40788) that the problems were know and that Anjo as official developer for Mac was dealing with that but was very busy. But I bet would less silly keep annoying developers demading one working build.

Yes Jasoco I don't ever argue how silly Love 0.8 is around the corner neither how silly the official builds dir don't have one updated (or any OSX) build to download. Also I will not argue how silly don't exist even an official "sticked" OSX thread for discussing that version problems. Or that there a generous soul offer a build to prepare everybody games in OSX for it. Or to even teach how to compile one. Yes, because we can build one, but it's not a task for everybody. I'm exactly here to don't have to burn my brain compiling stuff and doing things in LOVE was a friendly task and "super-easy" as told in frontpage and so on.
Jasoco wrote: Every build I've used for OS X has worked fine.
Wait, really?
(http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 891#p39055 and http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 891#p39376).
Oh never mind, I will made an effort and like you don't care too. I will wait for the official release but don't keep saying that is normal the 0.8 absence of builds for OSX.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

What?

All I said is I got a current snapshot of 0.8.0 from someone here who compiled it for us a while ago and have been using it with no problems. I didn't say anything about anything else. You confuse me. Are you angry at something? Hopefully not me for saying 0.8.0 is stable on my Mac.

When was the last time you used a 0.8.0 build? My oldest version is from July 31st. I then have one from September and my current version is from October. I'd really like to get an updated version if someone can point me to that DropBox link again.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

iirc, slime built those Mac builds, and he's been unable to compile 0.8.0 for a short while now.
You might have to wait 'til anjo fixes that odd issue.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

thelinx wrote:iirc, slime built those Mac builds, and he's been unable to compile 0.8.0 for a short while now.
You might have to wait 'til anjo fixes that odd issue.
Thank you for the OSX status update, so even now slime is having problems compiling. It's a misfortune then.

Jasoco sorry for thinking you were compiling your OSX builds. No, I'm not mad with you but your words and attitude towards me was incomprehensible. First for "rub" in my face that all built osx you had worked well when obvious from your previous posts wasn't true. Second for your "screw you, I don't care" thing. It's disappointing that a fellow OSX LOVE "coder" seems don't care about the problems in OSX build of other people, the lack or inexistent builds just because he had some build that "works". We are in the same boat, we do LOVE in OSX platform and also work for other OSX Love users. So it's important "we care" that things work well in every OS and our code runs everywhere.
Jasoco wrote:When was the last time you used a 0.8.0 build?
I thought I was clear on that. I used slime dropbox version from Snayke thread and like I said around first days of November. Bug also described in your "0.8 Framebuffers" problems and crashes thread. And like I said slime's dropbox version still didn't work. Thanks to thelinx it's now explained that slime is still having compiling problems.
Jasoco wrote:I'd really like to get an updated version if someone can point me to that DropBox link again.
Well you see now from thelinx words that we won't get that luck. But again here is the dropbox link for future reference http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4214717/love-0.8.0.zip

Jasoco, let's reunite OSX users around, make an 0.8 OSX thread, ask to thelinx or some other administrator make it sticky. There we should put working or not working versions and collect info about OSX status. What you say about it?
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

That was not my intention. I apologize. I love you coffee. Let's be friends forever. Sometimes my sarcasm or writing style is misinterpreted as smarm or anger. It is something I don't realize until I have people asking for my head on a platter so remember, I am a nice guy and I only write nice posts.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:I am a nice guy and I only write nice posts.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Sincastic, definitely.

EDIT:
Ehm, headchant, if you want, I can split this thread for you, to remove the off-topicness. Just ask.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

bartbes wrote: Ehm, headchant, if you want, I can split this thread for you, to remove the off-topicness. Just ask.
Please do.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: OSX builds?

Post by bartbes »

Done!