What code editor do you use ?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
basinbaby
Prole

Re: What code editor do you use ?

Post by basinbaby »

I use an editor called lite, I found it on github earlier this week, most of it's written in Lua and it's been really easy to customize.
https://github.com/rxi/lite
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

> I use ZeroBrane Studio, but development of this editor seems to be dead.
> Really, what editor is FAST and has good support LOVE2D (debugging in particular) and not to "overengineered" ?

@LuaIsLife, not at all; the master branch has been updated last month (including love2d API update for 11.3) and the beta has been released earlier this month. The coming version is going to include a large number of improvements, including better support for hidpi/4k screens.

> ZBS is still alive. ZBS mailing list is still alive and you get quick answers. ZBS is a matured program with only a few issues (if any). Thats why the mailing list is so quiet.

@Fuzzlix, I agree with your description. If there are specific questions, I'll gladly answer those. Love2d community has been great with providing feedback on the UI and the functions of the IDE and most of the requested items have been implemented. If there is anything else missing/needed, I'll take it into consideration, as I plan to continue working on it.
LuaIsLife
Prole

Post by LuaIsLife »

@paulclinger.. oh, okay.. It's just because the web page shows no activity.. or isn't this the right place to track the development of ZBS? (Last update 2018 there..)
suriraj
Prole

Post by suriraj »

I Use Notepad ++
cazura
Prole

Post by cazura »

Notepad ++ for president!
JesseWebb
Prole

Post by JesseWebb »

ZeroBrane Studio
Rehtinor
Prole

Post by Rehtinor »

Geany since its the only cross-platform text editor that I like. Cross-platform being very important to me, I mostly use Linux.
luarocks
Prole

Post by luarocks »

I really don't understand, why do you people use primitive text editors instead of full featured IDE which can show you autocomplete not only from love-classes, like this:

but also from your own classes, like this:

You can see red underlines on screenshots - it is syntax errors. Can your Notepad++, Gedit or Geany do the same?