Tutorial requests and ideas

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Tutorial requests and ideas

Post by qubodup »

rude wrote:It can be released and licensed, but we need to find the ANCIENT source and create an MP3 with higher bitrate ... the one in the demo is horrible I believe.
Screw em pee three! Just dump t3h s0urce! ;)

Yeah. That's me trying to not sound like a bastard, telling how lossy formats are bad and how releasing the source to media is gewd. :geek:
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Fine. :D

FLAC for the badass, MP3 for the ignorant.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

rude wrote:FLAC for the badass, MP3 for the ignorant.
.... so how about making LÖVE flac-accepting? ;) (not really needed)
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

LÖVE will be FLAC-accepting when SDL_mixer adds support for it. That may sound like "never" to you, but a quick peek at SDL_mixer's subversion repository reveals that it's around the corner.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Epic loop, as requested. (FLAC)

Note that it might not be on the server for ever, so get it while it's hot.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

hell yeah!
Only thing missing now is the license!
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

And now, for something completely different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI19z4oD00
YouTube quality is shit, but if you (the LÖVE community) approves of the video I will upload it to other places to spread some LÖVE.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

mike wrote:And now, for something completely different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI19z4oD00
YouTube quality is shit, but if you (the LÖVE community) approves of the video I will upload it to other places to spread some LÖVE.
Can you make a version with subtitles please?

And don't even think of not writing "You can work with undr... another folder" at 0:40.

The reason is that you're a bit hectic. which is good. slow programming video tutorials make me sleep. but I need to understand so I need the text.

PS: ! put the version of the used LÖVE into the video title. This is important(c).
farvardin
Party member

Post by farvardin »

well done Mike!

Hope to see more, with more advanced stuffs.

It's a great introduction anyway, and in this one you should maybe present a few cool features or a showcase of some games (like lovetris...)
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

qubodup wrote: Can you make a version with subtitles please?

And don't even think of not writing "You can work with undr... another folder" at 0:40.

The reason is that you're a bit hectic. which is good. slow programming video tutorials make me sleep. but I need to understand so I need the text.

PS: ! put the version of the used LÖVE into the video title. This is important(c).
I slur a bit when I speak and I was nervous as hell (performance anxiety, etc). That was the 10th time I had done it, so I was in a hurry. I will work on speaking more clearly (also: subtitles). I do believe that I mentioned that the latest version was 0.3.2...
It's a great introduction anyway, and in this one you should maybe present a few cool features or a showcase of some games (like lovetris...)
Showcasing things will be done in the löve MOPK page (which is to come), but I'll look into it.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)