LÖVE-Jam 1 [VOTING]

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.

Vote for the Best Game!

Legend of Bartbes
17%
Lovely Space Program
10%
SpaceHeist
10%
Dimensionaut
48%
AsterVoid
14%

Total votes: 29

Davidobot
Party member

Re: LÖVE-Jam 1

Post by Davidobot »

vrld wrote:
Davidobot wrote:- You are allowed to use libraries, but you are not permitted to use third-party graphical and sound assets.
What about fonts and sound samples for music?
substitute541 wrote:Can't we use OpenGameArt? I really suck at graphics and I don't have a good enough microphone to record myself slapping my face for a game about steak.
Ok, I changed it a bit: - You are allowed to use libraries and third-party graphical and sound assets, as long as they are under a free-to-use licence.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Davidobot wrote:Ok, I changed it a bit: - You are allowed to use libraries and third-party graphical and sound assets, as long as they are under a free-to-use licence.
I suggest you update the original post, so that all information is in one place.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

micha wrote:
Davidobot wrote:Ok, I changed it a bit: - You are allowed to use libraries and third-party graphical and sound assets, as long as they are under a free-to-use licence.
I suggest you update the original post, so that all information is in one place.
I did. ;)
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

I'll see if I have time this weekend. If I do, I'll give it a whirl :)
RedHot
Citizen

Post by RedHot »

Davidobot wrote:
micha wrote:
I did. ;)
I had to go through 3 pages to get it clear wether I can use 3rd party GFX or not. Can you please add a note in the 1st post?
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

You can, as long as they are under a free license. Can we submit other topics? I'll try to join. :P
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

RedHot wrote: I had to go through 3 pages to get it clear wether I can use 3rd party GFX or not. Can you please add a note in the 1st post?
In the OP, it says this: You are allowed to use libraries and third-party graphical and sound assets, as long as they are under a free-to-use licence.
davisdude wrote:You can, as long as they are under a free license. Can we submit other topics? I'll try to join. :P
Well, yes, you can submit to other topics, but please leave a link to that topic on this topic.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Davidobot wrote:Well, yes, you can submit to other topics, but please leave a link to that topic on this topic.
Yo, dawg. I heard you like topics.

Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

I think I found an idea that would be in theme for all the three front-runners right now :P I'll also have some time to work on it, so I hope I'll be able to make something.
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

I will try to participate as well. But I think it would be better that the final vote result would not be accessible until voting ends. I voted for curiousity :ultraglee: