group hug the newbie thread

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Inny
Party member

group hug the newbie thread

Post by Inny »

Hi, I'm a interested party in LOVE and decided to check out the community. I come from a rich past of game creation (see: Megazeux) and wrote my own Lua+SDL+libmodplug engine (first game for it still in development). Anyway, I've been isolated from the GCS community for a few years and feel the need to get back into one, so, you guys are stuck with me for the time being. :ultraglee:

Anyway, I'm open to any questions you have for me. A bit of my past is available here: http://www.digitalmzx.net/wiki/index.ph ... Inmate2993. But, no, I don't do cameos anymore. :)
Es
Prole

Re: group hug the newbie thread

Post by Es »

Hi guys, I come from a rich past of ripping off Inmate2993 and I'm here mostly because I cling to his ankles. Where are we, Inny?

Anyways, yeah, I'm definitely interested in LOVE - I too have been a MegaZeux user, and though I'm losing interest in making games for that system, the urge to make games has stuck with me. This LOVE thing looks pretty much like the kit I wanted to invent for myself, with the main difference being that LOVE already exists, and is probably a lot more artfully crafted than I would have come up with anyways.

Really cool, guys. Howdy everyone, I look forward to playing with this.
Bookis
Prole

Re: group hug the newbie thread

Post by Bookis »

Hi, LOVE seems awesome! I've done the art on a small xna game but I have never been interested in programming a game myself... until now. I know a little Ruby but all of the other languages (C# is the only one i've spent a few minutes with) just don't sit well with me. LOVE seems like the Ruby on Rails of the 2d game world. I'm pretty excited to see what I can come up with.