Call for opinions in short poll on game development

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
daovader
Prole

Call for opinions in short poll on game development

Post by daovader »

Howdy fellow developers,

We're a small team of game development enthusiasts interesting in making game development easy. If you are developing games as well, we'd like to hear your thoughts on a small set of questions. This should take only 20 seconds and will help us tremendously.

http://gamedevpoll.herokuapp.com/

We'd appreciate any feedback.

PS: If this is the wrong sub-forum for this request, let us know and we'll move it
Plu
Inner party member

Re: Call for opinions in short poll on game development

Post by Plu »

I'm... not sure what you're going for, but this poll doesn't actually seem to be collecting any useful information.
ThisGoDisco
Prole

Post by ThisGoDisco »

They seem to be fishing for email address, so they can contact a game developer to join their team, or are just phishing for email addresses...
daovader
Prole

Post by daovader »

Plu wrote:I'm... not sure what you're going for, but this poll doesn't actually seem to be collecting any useful information.
We are actually trying to validating some very fundamental assumptions which is why the poll is very general. The results make sense to us, but are certainly to no extent scientific or anything.
daovader
Prole

Post by daovader »

ThisGoDisco wrote:They seem to be fishing for email address, so they can contact a game developer to join their team, or are just phishing for email addresses...
No, we are indeed interested in the results. The email addresses are just used to send out the results for the interested participant. There are most certainly easier ways to get a bunch of email addresses to spam.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Please don't double post.
Also, I do agree, this looks like you're using it as some recruitment aid, since I can't think of any research that would provide meaningful results with these questions..