Offline Documentation

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Offline Documentation

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Hi All,

I've been using Lua for long, and i did many homebrews for sony PSP using specific API (LuaPLayerHm, PGELua) etc.
Now I'm working on a project for Windows, using Lua, and I think Löve is the best to do that.
I have downloaded the latest version (0.7.2), it works fine for me, and I've already started working on little stuffs, such as a TextBox Input Class (Because I'll inevitably need it for my project).

Well isn't there any offline documention available for the latest release of Löve ? I've seen the wiki contents (http://love2d.org/wiki/Main_Page), :awesome: nice work....But it'll be nice for me to have an entire copy of the wiki available offline, because i am not connected to the internet permanently....

By the way, sorry If I did writing/spelling mistakes cause I'm French, actually... :3:

Thanks so much!
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Offline Documentation

Post by bartbes »

Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

:o It was right in front of my eyes... :shock:
But, Thanks soooo much!
alejandroalzate
Citizen

Post by alejandroalzate »

Roland_Yonaba wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 am Hi All,

I've been using Lua for long, and i did many homebrews for sony PSP using specific API (LuaPLayerHm, PGELua) etc.
Now I'm working on a project for Windows, using Lua, and I think Löve is the best to do that.
I have downloaded the latest version (0.7.2), it works fine for me, and I've already started working on little stuffs, such as a TextBox Input Class (Because I'll inevitably need it for my project).

Well isn't there any offline documention available for the latest release of Löve ? I've seen the wiki contents (http://love2d.org/wiki/Main_Page), :awesome: nice work....But it'll be nice for me to have an entire copy of the wiki available offline, because i am not connected to the internet permanently....

By the way, sorry If I did writing/spelling mistakes cause I'm French, actually... :3:

Thanks so much!

Code: Select all

wget -rvKk love2d.org/
[/color]

target = boardIndex.getWhosPeekingThisLine()
target:setObey(true)
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

alejandroalzate wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm

wget -rvKk love2d.org/
[/color]
Yo wtf
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

He revived a 10 year old thread just to give a wrong version of what was already said here: https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php ... 23#p222923

I hope no one tries what he said, it would be a waste of bandwidth to download everything under love2d.org including all threads and attachments in the forums, the blog, etc. - basically it would act as a DDOS attack.

I guess this thread could be closed as there's already a pinned one about this topic (as bartbes mentions in the second post).
Albright
Prole

Post by Albright »

There are Lua and LÖVE docsets (among many others, of course) available for the lovely Mac offline docs app Dash. I'd really recommend giving it a look if you're a serious programmer (and use a Mac).
alejandroalzate
Citizen

Post by alejandroalzate »

GVovkiv wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 am

wget -rvKk love2d.org/
[/color]
Yo wtf
If u have linux you can do this, in windows is more obscure to do it :death: , so you can get a download manager in windows and say "yo download the entire web of love2d.org/wiki"

in linux just make a folder, enter a that folder and click "open a terminal here" or something, and paste that command

target = boardIndex.getWhosPeekingThisLine()
target:setObey(true)
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

alejandroalzate wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:04 am
GVovkiv wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 am

wget -rvKk love2d.org/
[/color]
Yo wtf
If u have linux you can do this, in windows is more obscure to do it :death: , so you can get a download manager in windows and say "yo download the entire web of love2d.org/wiki"

in linux just make a folder, enter a that folder and click "open a terminal here" or something, and paste that command
It's bad way to save documentation from website
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies