Slipfeed

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
mike
Administrator

Re: Slipfeed

Post by mike »

qubodup wrote:By the way. Will you release the website system under an open source license? Or are you not very interested in any of that? :)
Release the website as open source? Is anyone actually interested in looking at my disorganized and unpretty code for a website? I'd be embarrassed to show people how the page is built, but I'm all up for open sourcing it... if I only knew how.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Activities stopped :cry: ? Anyway I'd like to see a function to send messages to project managers.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

bartbes wrote:Activities stopped :cry: ? Anyway I'd like to see a function to send messages to project managers.
Activities stopped? What?
Also: Your wish is my command... maybe... if I remember it. Should you be able to send messages to anybody? And should project admins be listed somewhere? Perhaps you should be able to send messages to the project itself and the admins (whomever they are) can respond to it at their leisure...
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

My RSS reader stopped showing me new things :)
About the messages, my intention always was sending messages to project admins (or the project itself), as the messages were meant to be just good enough to read for the owners, but not something you want to display publicly.
nightvenom
Prole

Post by nightvenom »

Nice site, i'll be submitting my project soon :)
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

nightvenom wrote:Nice site, i'll be submitting my project soon :)
BE WARNED, ALL YE MORTALS
The site is currently undergoing testing and when that is complete I will PURGE the database of all projects and start afresh (after my project has been handed in). This is because the page is quite full of CRAP that is the result of testing.
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

Few issues:
slipfeed_ff_1.jpg
slipfeed_ff_1.jpg (19.86 KiB) Viewed 12036 times
  • Text entry
  • Why not BBCode in description? HTML works, but strangely
slipfeed_ff_2.jpg
slipfeed_ff_2.jpg (30.77 KiB) Viewed 12036 times
  • Text Entry and button
slipfeed_ff_3.jpg
slipfeed_ff_3.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 12037 times
  • Did I, really? :P

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; cs-CZ; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092816 Iceweasel/3.0.3 (Debian-3.0.3-3)
>>I love LÖVE.<<
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

List does not seam to work in diary. :(

Code: Select all

[list=1]
[*]The main characters which will be the game about.
[*]The name based on those characters.
[*]Developer(s).
[*]Artist(s).
[*]Did I forget something?
[/list]
>>I love LÖVE.<<
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

1. Text entry is retarded. To comply with XHTML standards I need to set the cols and rows for every textarea, but the end result is different in the different browsers. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Will CSS'd width and height override the visual setting and work?

2. Descriptions shouldn't be bbcode-able as there would be no real gain from it and the negative effects are massive (someone could just swarm the page with stuff, design inconcistencies in project browser, etc). HTML works because I'm stupid and forgot :P

3. Textarea and button: I think I made the sizes static in the latest update, but maybe not. Making it look perfect in FF/Opera/Chrome in Windows means that it's fucked in Linux (or Safari).

4. Forums: Didn't I?

5. BBCode lists: Yeah, I'll get to that. I just made sure that the bbcode mentioned on the Wikipedia page was supported.

BE WARNED ALL YE MORTALS:
Tuesday (in roughly 30 hours) the project needs to be handed in and when it is done I will fix things, clean it up and then PURGE THE SERVER OF CONTENT. Keep this in mind, thnx. If you want whatever you wrote to be saved, please let me know here and I'll try to do it.
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

mike wrote:Any suggestions on how to fix it? Will CSS'd width and height override the visual setting and work?
No ideas. :( Sorry It's the first time I completely forgot CSS. I'm not going to learn it again till the summer holiday. :P
mike wrote:4. Forums: Didn't I?
I'm not sure I understand this answer. :? I meant that it claims that I added those post but it was you and rude in fact.
mike wrote:If you want whatever you wrote to be saved, please let me know here and I'll try to do it.
If it wasn't very difficult I'd want you to save my projects. :oops: I've already saved the diary sources to txt file but I guess your way is better. ^^
>>I love LÖVE.<<