What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
CrimsonGuy
Prole

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by CrimsonGuy »

Finished the first version of the first map for the game i'm making, made it using Tiled and this nice tileset https://iknowkingrabbit.itch.io/heroic-overworld

Still need to add the game play objects and structures, but ill do that via code.
rozenmad
Prole

Post by rozenmad »

I'm working on a small wrapper on love2d, which combines 2D and 3D rendering. So far, nothing serious, only performance tests, but maybe in the future I will make a game.

pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Working on a collision library for axis-aligned rectangles, to resolve certain sliding collisions that bump can't:
colib-vs-bump-slide-resolution.png
colib-vs-bump-slide-resolution.png (13.88 KiB) Viewed 55278 times
The entity to move starts at the top left. The green line represents the requested movement. The blue line and the green rectangles that aren't the beginning or end, represent the trajectory during analysis: according to the library, the entity can reach the destination. Two collisions are registered, one with rectangle #1 and one with rectangle #2. The latter is with a corner; since the required displacement at that point is bigger in the vertical direction, the lib chooses vertical. In case of a tie (collision with a corner at 45°), the user code can decide the preferred resolution, horizontal or vertical.

The idea is that once it detects a collision with a sliding surface, it will slide only up to the end of the rectangle and, if no more collisions happen, it will try to move again towards the target from that position. This repeats until it reaches the closest possible point to the target without penetrating anything.

This should allow making something like a maze with tight passages the size of the player. With bump, this causes problems because you can't turn if there's no surface in front of you to help aligning the player.

It's going to be a bit more restricted than bump; in particular there will be no "bounce" resolution and no user-definable ones. There may be fewer world querying functions too; I still have to decide on that.

Edit: New working title is 'collib' since 'colib' seems to be taken by a coroutine library.
stsmuniz
Prole

Post by stsmuniz »

After some studying (still new to gamedev and löve2d) just did a little snake clone in gameboy classic fashion and wanted to get any tips or feedback from you

The source code is at https://github.com/stsmuniz/snake-love-gb
Captura de tela de 2019-11-20 20-19-30.png
Captura de tela de 2019-11-20 20-19-30.png (133.82 KiB) Viewed 55063 times
snake-love-gb.love
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 1206 times
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

stsmuniz wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:45 pm After some studying (still new to gamedev and löve2d) just did a little snake clone in gameboy classic fashion and wanted to get any tips or feedback from you
Tip #1 is to implement gamepad support.
Varkas
Citizen

Post by Varkas »

A sort of testbed for isometric map display and client-server communication. I'm new to lua and love2d so this is mostly a training project for me.
first_light_l.jpg
first_light_l.jpg (386.81 KiB) Viewed 49765 times
In soviet russia, code debugs you.
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

Not the best quality recording but I have been working on a side-scrolling shooter. You can see a draft of the first cut-scene and first few levels below.

duaner
Prole

Post by duaner »

A baby roguelike.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (94.71 KiB) Viewed 45438 times
daniowl
Prole

Post by daniowl »

Looks nice.
inJuly
Prole

Post by inJuly »

a retro styled bullet hell