Request: Style guide for Wiki docs

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
pekka
Party member

Request: Style guide for Wiki docs

Post by pekka »

Could someone please write a detailed style guide for the documentation? So far, when editing the docs, I've just copied stuff and conventions from other pages and changed the relevant bits. This has resulted in some pages using different verb forms for describe a function. For example, somewhere it mostly says:

Draws a frobnit with frizzles.

And in other parts it often says:

Draw a frobnit with frizzles.

Naturally, I've copied both conventions to my own edits at different times. Whoops.

Recommendations for consistent markup, how to write synopses and examples would also be useful. Would anyone like to take a bit of time to write up a style guide and put it on the Wiki? I'd be happy to have some rules. I just don't want to come up with them by myself :)
willurd
Citizen

Re: Request: Style guide for Wiki docs

Post by willurd »

One recommendation would be to make sure you re-read everything you write (at least once), to make sure that you are consistent with yourself first and foremost.

A style guide might be nice...but I'm not sure it needs to mention such things as proper verb forms.
Thursdaybloom
Citizen

Re: Request: Style guide for Wiki docs

Post by Thursdaybloom »

Pekka, feel free to write your own style guide for wiki. We can then refine it as a community.