100 terrific Tools for Coders & Devs (not Lua/Love related)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

100 terrific Tools for Coders & Devs (not Lua/Love related)

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

As this section accepts topics about puns and unicorns, i guess this can go here.
I didn't find an existing thread where this could go, then I made this one.
Fell on this link , thought it might be useful for active coders and devs around.
BlogPost @dailytekk : 100 Terrific Tools for Coders & Developers.
Good reading.
Gallefray
Prole

Re: 100 terrific Tools for Coders & Devs (not Lua/Love relat

Post by Gallefray »

sorry, my last post was disapproved, I was not advertising, I was thanking you for the post :)
My name is Aster, but this forum does not allow people to change their username. I have not participated in development communities since around 2015-ish. More information about me is available here.
Inny
Party member

Post by Inny »

I don't see too many tools in there that apply to Love development. A lot of the links appear to be focused on web development. scoreoid might be neat for storing high scores. I suppose in a remote team setting, it's be useful to have a private github/bitbucket account, and then use skype for calls (or irc for chats) and something like tightvnc (or gnu-screen+ssh) for pair programming.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Gallefray wrote:sorry, my last post was disapproved, I was not advertising, I was thanking you for the post :)
Your first post was pretty generic, so I'm guessing that's why it goes disapproved. Anyway, welcome to the forums.
Inny wrote:I don't see too many tools in there that apply to Love development.
That would be why it has "(not Lua/Love related)" in the title.
Gallefray
Prole

Post by Gallefray »

BlackBulletIV wrote:
Gallefray wrote:sorry, my last post was disapproved, I was not advertising, I was thanking you for the post :)
Your first post was pretty generic, so I'm guessing that's why it goes disapproved. Anyway, welcome to the forums.
My name is Aster, but this forum does not allow people to change their username. I have not participated in development communities since around 2015-ish. More information about me is available here.
Dattorz
Citizen

Post by Dattorz »

As someone who is part of a community elsewhere that receives lots of spambot posts, I can tell you that "thank you for this post" is a very frequently used phrase among spambots.
Matt-SPW
Prole

Post by Matt-SPW »

Thanks - that's a seriously well put together list of resources. I'm not a coder any more by my day job (although solar panel fitting can get quite geeky at times believe it or not!) but I do still dabble a bit in developing apps in the evenings from time to time.

All the list needs is some entries for how to make the perfect vat of coffee and it's a definitive guide :awesome:

Matt