Play my free retro style platformer game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
marclurr
Citizen

Re: Play my free retro style platformer game

Post by marclurr »

kiyo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:06 pm
marclurr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:50 am I get a weird black flickering on the screen, it seems to be worse when there's some animation happening. Running on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS), I ran the Windows .exe using the version of love I have installed (the way mentioned by BrotSagtMist).
what graphics card are you using ??? try the linux appimage, I built the appimage on ubuntu 20.04. and is the flickering all the time you played or in a particular time?
It's an integrated GPU. The processor is an i7-1250U. I think the problem might be with my machine. I took the liberty of extracting the code from the .AppImage and had a rummage. It doesn't have the problem if running in windowed mode (though the main menu doesn't fit the window, the rest of the game seems to scale correctly though). It also doesn't have the problem if running in fullscreen-exclusive mode (main menu is the wrong size again).

Edit before submitting the post: Looks like turning vsync on sort it. Think the issue is still on my end, interesting to know it has problems!
Edit: Fullscreen-exlusive does have the issue, it's just less often.