Soccer Tennis, sports game demo

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
MaxGamz
Party member

Soccer Tennis, sports game demo

Post by MaxGamz »

Hello all!

This is my first time making a game and the project I have in mind is far bigger. But I would like to share a simple demo of what I have created. Obviously it's not perfect but I would like to get some honest criticisms. If you think it sucks or if you think it's amazing (which I would be definitely be more surprised if I saw more of the later) then it could really help put me on track to make sure my vision comes true. I hope you enjoy this short two player experience and maybe I can have a full game out soon!

itch link

https://snobbz.itch.io/soccer-tennisdemo
Attachments
Soccer Tennis.love
(4.44 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
knorke
Party member

Re: Soccer Tennis, sports game demo

Post by knorke »

Hi,
I tried your demo but only alone.
Some random points:
-player movement feels too floaty for me. I think it would be better if they accelerated faster and maybe also stopped quicker. But maybe a matter of taste.
-There should be some menu or pre-game screen, just some simple title screen with the controls listed, rules and "press space to start".
Currently the game instantly starts and likely one player has already lost a point before they are ready. (Even worse if they still have to figure out the controls.)

I like that the players have little idle animations instead of even just static.
MaxGamz
Party member

Re: Soccer Tennis, sports game demo

Post by MaxGamz »

knorke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:51 pm Hi,
I tried your demo but only alone.
Some random points:
-player movement feels too floaty for me. I think it would be better if they accelerated faster and maybe also stopped quicker. But maybe a matter of taste.
-There should be some menu or pre-game screen, just some simple title screen with the controls listed, rules and "press space to start".
Currently the game instantly starts and likely one player has already lost a point before they are ready. (Even worse if they still have to figure out the controls.)

I like that the players have little idle animations instead of even just static.
Thanks for the input! I would like to implement a menu later, I would like to get mechanics of the game working first like the movement you just mentioned. I would like to make the movement smoother since it takes a while for the characters to accelerate so I think I'll work on that next.