Ruff Landing

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Hugues Ross
Citizen

Ruff Landing

Post by Hugues Ross »

banner.png
banner.png (12.45 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

As part of a Secret Santa exchange, I made a cute lil breakout-style game about pizza toppings coming alive. It's nothing much, but given the year's health problems I'm just happy to make something complete (if a little 'ruff' around the edges). Special thanks to KDP for enabling me to make the game's art by voice.

You can play the game online or download it here!

Here's to another year of gamedev :awesome:

screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png (14.27 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
knorke
Party member

Re: Ruff Landing

Post by knorke »

Very nice graphics and sound. The gameplay is a bit basic, being just a breakout clone. The approaching topping-blocks are a good idea, I have not seen that yet, but still would like some more unique gameplay.
The web version did not fully fit into my small 1336*768 laptop display.

How did you get the web version to work on itch?
That did not work for me. (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93310&p=251934#p251934 and following posts)
Hugues Ross
Citizen

Post by Hugues Ross »

Thanks for the feedback! Shoulda made the scale adjustable, but I kinda ran out of time...
How did you get the web version to work on itch?
That did not work for me. (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93310&p=251934#p251934 and following posts)
On my end I'm not doing anything too specific I'm afraid, just using compatibility mode:

Code: Select all

npx love.js -c -t "Ruff Landing" build/love/ruff_landing.love build/js
When I get back home from my holiday I'll double-check what version of love.js I'm using. Maybe that could be it?
Hugues Ross
Citizen

Post by Hugues Ross »

Back at my main pc. According to my NPM package cache I'm running with love.js version 11.3.1 (which is interesting because my local love install was updated to 11.4... :crazy:)

11.4.1 was released before the post you made, so most likely (you may want to verify this) it's what you're running. Maybe that's where the difference lies? Else maybe love2d builder isn't setting the same flags, I don't use it so I can't say for sure.