Green Orbits

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ZergA
Prole

Green Orbits

Post by ZergA »

Hi everybody!
This is the beta-version of my game. It looks like old-style game between "Asteroids" and "Kobo". Sorry, no sound.
Attachments
orbit1.love
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: Green Orbits

Post by ReFreezed »

Hmm, there are some issues with the game. I randomly gain very high speed in a random direction. I think it might be things colliding with my ship at high velocity? Not sure, but it's confusing. The enemy dots on the radar are also very hard to see. Also, I assume it's the enemy ships that are shooting at me, but when I get hit and die I don't know what exactly hit me. I also found what looked like ammo or a powerup with a counter on it, but I didn't seem to be able to pick it up nor shoot at it.
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
ZergA
Prole

Post by ZergA »

>I randomly gain very high speed in a random direction. I think it might be things colliding with my ship at high velocity? Not sure, but it's confusing.
Oh... Avoid X-shaped enemies. They use magnetiс weapon to throw your ship away. :)

>The enemy dots on the radar are also very hard to see.
This is an old analog radar! It must be ugly and hard to use! :)

>Also, I assume it's the enemy ships that are shooting at me, but when I get hit and die I don't know what exactly hit me.
1) Invisible laser beams. You can see flashes at enemies.
2) Missiles. They are really fast sometimes.
3) Dont't fly through fragments.
4) Possible mistakes in the game.

>I also found what looked like ammo or a powerup with a counter on it, but I didn't seem to be able to pick it up nor shoot at it.
Use a mouse wheel to choose the next weapon. A small screen in the left upper corner shows a target for your missiles. You can use some homing missiles, bombs and a gun.
Good luck! :)
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

just saying, i too have no idea whats going on there.
obey
knorke
Party member

Post by knorke »

I like the round viewport.
The stars in the background are very small and at first I did not notice them at all. So there was no sense of movement. The pixels on the radar are also too small I think.
I did not fully understand the weapon screen.
In general try to make the game mechanics more clear and more visible. For example the magnetic forces could also be shown as some some pulse effect, have visible projectiles for the player's gun etc.

There is a large yellow half-circle in the right part of the screen. Is that the sun? Or a bug?