Next game- Monster Heart, coming in Spring 2023

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
pauljessup
Party member

Next game- Monster Heart, coming in Spring 2023

Post by pauljessup »

Hey all! After the crazy excitement around Bad Writer, I obviously started working on my next game right away. After a few months into it I was able to get an idea of how much longer it will take, and was able to get some decent screenshots together to create the official press release. Also done in Love2d/Lua, etc. Made with TileD, Simple Tiled Implementation, Luven for lighting, and Aseprite for all the arts. It's oing to be available for Windows/Mac/Linux and ported to the Nintendo Switch and iOS thanks to mazette! (maybe more? who knows).

Here's the official press release-
https://riddlefox.com/monsterheart

and the itch page (steam, etc to come later, closer to Spring)
https://riddlefoxgames.itch.io/monster-heart

Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Next game- Monster Heart, coming in Spring 2023

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

How...do...you...do it.

Ahh, but for real cool. So like monster hunter+undertale+stardew valley+roguelike. So what's the main gameplay loop. Talking to people? Farming :P ? Fighting (probably not that :rofl: ). I may have went through the pages to fast but I didn't really see that info. (What's stuck in my head for some reason is the librarian who'll ban you forever :crazy: )
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
pauljessup
Party member

Re: Next game- Monster Heart, coming in Spring 2023

Post by pauljessup »

Yeah, it's a very narrative based game, so you talk to people, the monsters, learn about them, you carry around medical supplies. If one is sick, you have to diagnose and figure out the cure, but you might not know the disease/etc, so you have to go the library and do research sometimes, or talk the apothecary, etc to find the right cure for an ailment, that sort of thing. It's very narrative/conversation focused, very much a social sim crossed with a jrpg