SURPRISE GAME: BAD WRITER

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
marclurr
Party member

Re: SURPRISE GAME: BAD WRITER

Post by marclurr »

Awesome work! I always find stories like this inspiring, a fun little game that just caught on.

Out of interest, how did the Switch port go; Is there already a port of Love available to those who've signed the relevant NDA, or did you have to port it yourself?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

marclurr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am Awesome work! I always find stories like this inspiring, a fun little game that just caught on.
It really is! Maybe I'll actually get around to making my own game some time rather than just doing back-end stuff and porting...
marclurr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am Out of interest, how did the Switch port go; Is there already a port of Love available to those who've signed the relevant NDA, or did you have to port it yourself?
I worked on the port myself (for my publishing company mazette!) for a few months last summer (+ recently) with some advice of the guys that made Move or Die that did their own port (which required a LOT more work because they have a lot of networking elements).
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

It's really cool, and thanks again Davidobot- this rocks, and I can't wait until I can play it on my switch, once it goes live in the North American store next week.

We're also getting some press soon, too. The Washington Post is going to cover it in an article on Cozy Games, and Switch Player in the UK is going to give us some coverage in the print version of their magazine
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

pauljessup wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:34 pm
We're also getting some press soon, too. The Washington Post is going to cover it in an article on Cozy Games, and Switch Player in the UK is going to give us some coverage in the print version of their magazine
Oh, yeah. Can't wait for that. It would be nice if you could also get Rockpapershotgun (Just like their stuff :P ) but Washington's also cool. I'll be love lookng out for it.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

Damn, I will say this...

It's doing much better than I ever expected on the Switch. Reviews are starting to pop up, and it randomly goes viral again on twitter every so often. This is completely insane! But really cool.