Shell Out Showdown - A hectic, food-fight, reverse battle-royale platformer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
manadream
Prole

Shell Out Showdown - A hectic, food-fight, reverse battle-royale platformer

Post by manadream »

Hey y'all! I've been using LÖVE to work on my projects for the past 2 years or so, and I'm super excited to share the first project that I've released on Steam!

It's Shell Out Showdown, a hectic, food-fight, reverse battle royale set in the near future. Take on the role of a sapient vending machine and throw food to glory! Be the first vendor to give away all your items and remain empty handed for 10 seconds to win! It's available on Steam and Itch.io. You can check out the trailer on YouTube as well!

It has been available in Early Access since June 2021, and I just released a major update that adds local multiplayer, so you can play it with friends online or in person (or both!). It was created as a part of a Bay Area Devs (B.A.D.) Collective long-term jam called the "Molasses Jam", with the theme "turn a violent genre non-violent". I chose the battle-royale genre and created this game over the last year.

I've really enjoyed using LÖVE to create this and I'm super proud of how it's come together. I created everything you see and hear in the game, all the art, music and programming is done by me. I use MilkyTracker to make my music and Aseprite for the artwork. I'm happy to answer any questions about the game or tools I use, etc.

Thanks so much to the LÖVE community for creating this game engine and for helping me with questions I've had. I really appreciate the fact that this engine and community exists and I hope it continues to thrive.

P.S. If you do buy the game on Steam, it would help me out a lot with the Steam algorithm if you left a review, your honest feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for the support! :ultrahappy:

-manadream