PaiPai Speedrunner

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
cristianvillalba
Prole

PaiPai Speedrunner

Post by cristianvillalba »

Hi folks,

I made another raster engine - tribute of build engine - called PaiPai Speedrunner and I just released it in Gamejolt.
It is pay what you want, and I also put a html5 version ( I guess it is slooow and only runs in fullscreen)

The game is a simple first person view game.
The purpose is to run through all the levels (11 in total) as fast as you can, avoiding some enemies and finding the way out.
To advance to the next level you will need to find the Flag.

No more no less,

It has some hidden features, like different height sectors/slopes/etc. but just because I don't have enough time to design levels like that I decided to make a simple mazerunner.

Hope you like it
https://gamejolt.com/games/paipai/541142
zorg
Party member

Re: PaiPai Speedrunner

Post by zorg »

Was your engine made with this framework?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
cristianvillalba
Prole

Yes,
What I did was took the BuildEngine source code and try to mimic its internals and translate all that to LOVE.
So it's using the same rendering technics that DukeNukem has but rewritten in LUA.
Here is a screenshot when I was developing it. You can see a side by side comparison of a level in Duke3D and in my game.
Almost there but I retired and made a mazerunner.

And I have a video with the hidden features:

Best regards,

Cristian Villalba
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

I can't seem to get past the "press start to play" screen.

Also, checking the console gives you an error about MIME types - this is probably on Gamejolt's end, but be aware of it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/522 ... -mime-type
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
cristianvillalba
Prole

Hi Davidobot,
First of all, thank you( I use your tool to compile the web version - good job! )

Some players told me that they can't reach the 3rd level, others like you are stucked in the intro screen, the poor performance regarding FPS drove me to disable the html5 version for now, so I will suggest to play the Windows Version which is more stable.

Best regards,
cristianvillalba
Prole

Quick update,

I just released the source code if you want to check it:

https://github.com/cristianvillalba/paipai

Best regards