Don't learn to code - WesternPunk

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Dotkiwi666
Prole

Re: Don't learn to code - WesternPunk

Post by Dotkiwi666 »

I signed up to the forum just to comment. Actually would have done so eventually but still, this is a must play game. Spaghetti coded western, just amazing. That's ok, my codes pretty awful too. I have an aversion to indenting, and I love goto statements and labels, bad programming or not. Somtimes I just want to jump to a specific line ok. But I did learn to code from zzt and megazuex so... yeah... anyway, if you got a page on itch I will totally follow this game. Personally I am making a virtual pet out of a raspberry pi and coding it with love, was going to use AGK (I loves me some basic) but cannot get it to run on the pi. so I switched the project to love. Anyway good luck and rock on.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Dotkiwi666 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 amBut I did learn to code from zzt and megazuex so... yeah...
LOL that's awesome! Certainly not the best way to learn programming in general, but who am I to speak, since I started by learning ZX81 BASIC then Z80 assembler... Anyway, my dream has always been to implement a MZX-style game designer in Löve which is programmed in Lua instead of Robotic, and of course graphical instead of text. Sadly I know that it's too much for me and I would never finish it.

Sorry for the off-topic.
togFox
Party member

Post by togFox »

I ignored those two vids for ages (I'm not a YT person) but watched them now and literally lol'd. :)

And, if English is not the first language then even more impressive!
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Yeah, I especially liked the first video, the second one was okay, but the first :ultrahappy: :ultrashocked: :ultrashocked:
Too bad OP(?) is not online anymore...
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

I was sure that this thing is his hair, not eye.
Attachments
2021-05-06T08_35_09-Don't learn to code - WesternPunk - LÖVE.png
2021-05-06T08_35_09-Don't learn to code - WesternPunk - LÖVE.png (70.5 KiB) Viewed 5563 times
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies