Sassy Snake: an adult, art-promoter, retro-style Video Game for PC, Mac and Linux

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
alberto_lara
Party member

Sassy Snake: an adult, art-promoter, retro-style Video Game for PC, Mac and Linux

Post by alberto_lara »

Hey guys, so I've been working in this game which has adult content and I'm not sure if this is allowed here (I'm relying in rule #5 in here but it does not explicitly says that adult/sexual content is allowed, so please let me know).

Last edited by alberto_lara on Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CrimsonGuy
Prole

Re: Sassy Snake: an adult, art-promoter, retro-style Video Game for PC, Mac and Linux

Post by CrimsonGuy »

I can see this selling on Steam, its surprising how popular simple Ecchi games are.
alberto_lara
Party member

Re: Sassy Snake: an adult, art-promoter, retro-style Video Game for PC, Mac and Linux

Post by alberto_lara »

@pgimeno is notabug a good fit for this? If so, thanks a lot for the head up.
@CrimsonGuy I cannot sell it because it contains material which is not for commercial use (the girls). I should be able to put in on Steam (and that's the plan) for free tho.

EDIT: Btw, do you guys know if I can I accept donations for this if it contains non-commercial material?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

alberto_lara wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 am @pgimeno is notabug a good fit for this? If so, thanks a lot for the head up.
I don't see why not.

alberto_lara wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 am EDIT: Btw, do you guys know if I can I accept donations for this if it contains non-commercial material?
It's not clear-cut, see https://law.stackexchange.com/questions ... ial-use-cl

On the other hand, I've been looking for the license of the stuff you've used and found no reference to it in your repo. If the license of any of it specifies that the license or a reference to it must be included, as happens with all of the CC ones, that is a problem. For example, the simplest one, CC-BY 3.0, in the legal text, section 4.a, specifies:
You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for, this License with every copy of the Work You Distribute or Publicly Perform.
Check the exact license version and read the legal text to be sure.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

@pgimeno Thanks for pointing that out, I'm currently adding proper attribution/links for CC (that's for music and sounds), however, I'm not sure about the license for Sakimichan's images since I just got textual permission from her. I guess I'll ask her if it's OK to use CC for her works too.

Edit: migrated to notabug: https://notabug.org/barbicane/sassy-snake
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Sassy Snake is now in beta 0.9.1, you'll find quite a few new things (mostly easter eggs/secrets)
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

Out of curiosity, what system are you trying to "homebrew"?
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Update: Sassy Snake is in a private repo now, I'm working on some big changes you'll hear about later (it may take a long time, I just do this as a hobby). @sphyrth no system in particular, just a retro feeling.