Max Downforce - arcade racer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Roland Chastain
Prole

Re: Max Downforce - arcade racer

Post by Roland Chastain »

Very nice game. Congratulations!
stsmuniz
Prole

Post by stsmuniz »

This is beautiful

It really gives the speed sensation and the 80's car games feeling

You did a little masterpiece, sir
LesbianHam
Prole

Post by LesbianHam »

This is really awesome! It would certainly be a daunting task for me with my current knowledge (or lack there of), but theoretically, could I have a your blessing to make and distribute a game based on the source code for this? And if so, how would you like to be credited?

No worries if you're not a fan of that idea, I'm sure I could learn a lot from just looking at your source code!
Foppy
Prole

Post by Foppy »

Thanks!

@LesbianHam

I have made the source code public to show others how I made this game, and for them as inspiration and/or to use parts of the code to make their own games. In writing this game I have myself also used examples and code from other places, such as from this website: http://www.extentofthejam.com/pseudo/

So in that respect you are welcome to use my code!

Sometimes it has happened that a complete game was copied and distributed with only minor modifications, I am not a big fan of this. I prefer for the new game to re-use parts of the source code and solutions but have a different 'look and feel' than the original. In that case I do not need to be credited.
LesbianHam
Prole

Post by LesbianHam »

Foppy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:28 pm Thanks!

@LesbianHam

I have made the source code public to show others how I made this game, and for them as inspiration and/or to use parts of the code to make their own games. In writing this game I have myself also used examples and code from other places, such as from this website: http://www.extentofthejam.com/pseudo/

So in that respect you are welcome to use my code!

Sometimes it has happened that a complete game was copied and distributed with only minor modifications, I am not a big fan of this. I prefer for the new game to re-use parts of the source code and solutions but have a different 'look and feel' than the original. In that case I do not need to be credited.
Awesome, thanks! My end goal is to have something that looks and feels pretty much entirely different and to just use your code as a starting point!
Foppy
Prole

Post by Foppy »

That sounds great, please let me know if you have questions about the code or my game. It is my first game in Lua/Love2d and I struggled a bit with the setup of something resembling 'classes'. (Where other languages tend to have a nicely defined syntax for that 'out of the box'.) So it may not be the best example in that regard! :)