Metanet Hunter G4 (OUT NOW!!)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

Metanet Hunter G4 (OUT NOW!!)

Post by NightKawata »

Metanet Hunter G4 is the newest hot topic in the Metanet Hunter lineup, and seeks to be a truly fantastic side-scroller. We've got the weapons, and we've got the will.

Graphically, it's a throwback to the original game, what with the gameboy aesthetic and all. Technically, it breaks a ton of rules to be considered a Gameboy game, so it's really like a Gameboy Advance game that uses 4 colors on purpose.

You can unlock numerous game palettes to add a fresh coat of paint, and I think you might like the Time Attack mode you can unlock from completing the game's campaign mode. Each time you play a Stage, you get a new set of weapons to try out, too! Maybe you'll find some of your favorites around here.

What does it look like?

What can you do?

Jump and shoot, man. Except, we have various ways to go about that. Multiple weapons, multiple unlockables, and an all around clean, cool package that you'll most certainly crave again and again.

The new boss fights are better than ever, the gameplay intends to be replayable, and the orbs must be obliterated. I can only hope that you'll oblige to do the deed.

Check it out on itch.io!
Last edited by NightKawata on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
NightKawata
Party member

Re: Metanet Hunter G4

Post by NightKawata »

Check out some hot new images! First things first, the game now has 40 unlockable palettes. There's something for everybody.

Click here for the full image!!

Second thing: Check out some hot new GIFs!

"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
Baggef
Prole

Post by Baggef »

Looks great! And the music, while very jazzy for an action platformer, is very nice. I remember playing the old kirby games on my friends gameboy, and this reminds me of those times. Would love a demo of a level or even a test area to feel how it plays.
gaeem defelpmint is maiy pashin
Itch: Freakman
DwayneDev
Prole

Post by DwayneDev »

I really like the limited color pallet. I find it inspiring!
Visit my blog or social medias to play or follow my current game projects:
My blog: https://blog.dwaynedev.dev/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Animoodl
My itch.io: https://dwaynedev.itch.io/
NightKawata
Party member

Re: Metanet Hunter G4 (OUT NOW!!)

Post by NightKawata »

It's here! The full game is live and loaded, and we've got a demo out for you curious types out there!
Thank you to everyone who has made this possible.

https://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-g4
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: Metanet Hunter G4 (OUT NOW!!)

Post by Nixola »

Hey! Glad to see another game release. The demo feels nice, although I instinctively repeatedly tried to pause with the escape key, and I really like the music as well. Does it have fishing
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics