Best Ever Arkanoid Game in Love2D

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
YoungNeer
Party member

Re: Arkanoid available for download!!!

Post by YoungNeer »

sphyrth wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm Okay, so I think the highscores.lst is being saved in the wrong place (Windows 7). With a little typo:
Hmm... I will look into the matter. If you didn't already figure it out then let me tell you I HATE BUGS. Once I discover them in any of my project (doesn't matter how old it is, the arkanoid was made weeks before the post) I will try my best to remove the bugs. So believe me I will fix the bug and reupload the game.

Anyways thanks for showing interest on a no-one's game. I appreciate it.
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

"best Love2D Arkanoid" > "no-one's game"

I understand that a game is a creator's pride and joy; we all hate bugs... especially the most profound ones. Hope you'll get it working soon.

Keep hacking away!
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

THE GAME IS FINALLY FIXED!!! Thanks to you sphyrth!!!

If you are interested then let me tell you where the bug was - in my custom made library 'tinyCSV'
-in the line

Code: Select all

for key,value in s:gmatch(string.format("%s%s%s","([%w_-]+)",sep,"(.[^,]+)")) do
which should have been

Code: Select all

for key,value in s:gmatch(string.format("%s%s%s","([%w_-]+)",sep,"([%w_-]+)")) do
But anyways the bug is fixed and now finally you can (hopefully) play the game regardless of which platform you are in. But I donot gurantee that there will be absolutely no bugs. But I CAN GURANTEE YOU that I will fix them on my way if you let me know.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

There's no such thing as "absolutely no bugs".

Anyway this forum is not for sharing games, it's for asking development questions and possibly showing off. You can, however, tweak your games (remove copyrighted material, improve graphics and sound, give it bells and whistles, etc) and put them on mobile (or even PC) marketplaces.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Technically, the games and creations subforum -is- about sharing them, as long as it has some ties to löve itself, of course.
ie you made it in löve.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

raidho36 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:50 pm There's no such thing as "absolutely no bugs".
:ehem:
That's what I said - "I can't gurantee that there will be absolutely no bugs" - because just like you pointed out There's no such thing as absolutely no bugs.
elreiniwe
Prole

Re: Best Ever Arkanoid Game in Love2D

Post by elreiniwe »

Awesome! Keep on expanding :) You should make a section of "wins" - things that you might put in all YOUR games, helper methods, overrides, tooling. While it may not be useful for everything, it can help expand others' views into making a game in Love!