Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Post by raidho36 »

Well, good luck with your project! Do try to add the RPG mode, I can almost feel how the lack of it turned off the fans of the original games from the era.
astrochili
Prole

Re: Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Post by astrochili »

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing of your experience. I did not expect such a detailed answer, very useful information.

Probably the most important piece of advice for me is to stop in time and throw away the project without regretting anything if it didn't get any positive feedback.

I did not make many games, I was mainly engaged in the mobile applications development, but there the same story. When I lost enthusiasm, when I realized that the application wouldn't be in demand, I encouraged myself that I was doing this for a portfolio to find a better job. But in fact, I could stop in time and do something more useful than an unnecessary application.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

You are welcome! I try to answer so profoundly because I have nothing to lose but everything to share :).

Yeah on mobile it's basically the same.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

During the Steam Winter Sale, Aeon of Sands, a game that inhabited the 2010's at length, is being ushered out for good with the terminal discount of 75% off, to welcome a new decade!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9078 ... The_Trail/

I look forward to see in what new or retrofitted ways we'll misuse the new decade, but I hope it will be at least interesting.
Happy new decade to LÖVE!

Disclaimer:
  • Aeon of Sands (AoS) does not endorse Climate Change;
  • No lizards or leeches have been purposely harmed to create AoS;
  • AoS ranked #1 on RPGCodex, as the game that everybody love to hate and misunderstand in 2019;

You probably will be able to like it, if you:
  • don't stress over "winning"
  • don't care about "completing"
  • like to read in games, and/or be punished by texts, just because you exist
You probably will be prevented to like it, if - non exclusively - you:
  • are a hoarder
  • you want to keep everything under control
  • You detest the color orange ;)
vanfanel
Prole

Post by vanfanel »

Hi there, Science!

I was thinking of getting this great-looking CRPG to play on my own Löve2D build on Raspberry Pi.
But I have to use Löve2D v11.x, as that's the latest stable.
Demo isn't compatible with Löve2D v11.x, is the full version compatible? Thanks!
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

hi vanfanel,

sorry for the late reply. Nope AoS uses love 0.10.2.

I made some modifications for love 11, but i never used or finished it.
anothervenue
Prole

Post by anothervenue »

This game is really cool! I got it on Steam a few weeks ago and I love the vibe. Sorry to necro this a bit, but I was wondering if you had any resources or suggestions on how you got the pseudo 3D dungeon in 2D? I been considering prototyping one out as Shining in the Darkness is one of my favorite games, but I haven't the slightest clue how you might do it in a reasonable way.