Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Post by raidho36 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:30 am

Well, good luck with your project! Do try to add the RPG mode, I can almost feel how the lack of it turned off the fans of the original games from the era.

astrochili
Prole

Re: Aeon of Sands - The Trail - a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG coming 4 Dec. 2018

Post by astrochili » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing of your experience. I did not expect such a detailed answer, very useful information.

Probably the most important piece of advice for me is to stop in time and throw away the project without regretting anything if it didn't get any positive feedback.

I did not make many games, I was mainly engaged in the mobile applications development, but there the same story. When I lost enthusiasm, when I realized that the application wouldn't be in demand, I encouraged myself that I was doing this for a portfolio to find a better job. But in fact, I could stop in time and do something more useful than an unnecessary application.

SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:23 pm

You are welcome! I try to answer so profoundly because I have nothing to lose but everything to share :).

Yeah on mobile it's basically the same.